< 41 >

[ Namyi University Hospital | 1st Dec ]

It have been a few weeks since Hanbyeol and Sunghoon got together and it'll be their first month anniversary in exactly 7 days from now which will be on Sunghoon birthday. The hospital has been quite packed with patients for the past and on going week.

and the couple has been busy as they actually has been picked by the director of the hospital to form a research group which they'll have to collaborate with Seoul Public Hospital as the specialist from the said hospital has discovered a new and safer way to remove a brain tumor without it being risky as it was before.

Nevertheless, they never declare their relationship to the public which mean only Hanbyeol's family, Sunoo and Jimin know about their romantic relationship outside of work. They'll have to attend another meeting with the collaborative partnership in Namyi at in the evening.

For the attendees from Namyi, it will be Sunghoon, Hanbyeol, Sunoo, Jimin, and Sunghoon surgical team and same things applied to the partnership side. Their best surgical team, Neurologist, Radiologist and Oncologist will attend all the meeting they've and will held in the future.

The attendees from Namyi is currently listening attentively to the presentation that is currently on going and lead by the Neurologist of Seoul Public Hospital. And not to mention, almost all of the attendees from Seoul are men which makes there are only three women in the room which is Oh Hanbyeol and Jung Haerin from Sunghoon's team and Eun Jihye, Seoul best Neurosurgeon.

"that's all from me for today, thank you" Im Daehyun, the Neurologist of Seoul Public Hospital. "any question?" he continue making Hanbyeol look around to see if anyone raise their hand but found none which make her raise her hand. "do you have a specific time estimation on the surgery? it usually take up to 5 hours to safely remove them. Moreover, when they're cancerous" Hanbyeol asked making the guy smile.

"good question, as the surgery have to be done precisely, I would say it takes up to 5 hours but that's what we're here for, to test it out with Mr Park amazing abilities in handling risky surgeries with the help of Ms Eun who's famous for his excellent performances" the guy oppose making Sunghoon and Hanbyeol exchange glance with each other. "if that all, then the meeting ends here" he continue and all of them start to pack their things up.

"it's a pleasant to work with you, Ms Oh" Daehyun utter as he make his way in front of the girl making Hanbyeol smirk before she lift her head to take a proper look at the other Neurologist or simply can be put as, her ex boyfriend. "well..me too, Mr Im. It's a surprise to see you here" Hanbyeol reply as she put on a force smile. "I hope we put all the past feeling aside, miss, dearly, ex girlfriend" The latter utter and some faint surprise gasp and scoff can be heard across the room.

Hanbyeol look away for some second as she scoff before turning her head back to him with a wide smirk on her face, "that surely won't happen, I afraid. But, the fact that you address me as your ex just now..isn't that too informal Mr Im?I hope we can work with professionalism" Hanbyeol reply, she can feel Sunghoon hand on her knee, trying to calm her down.

"well, the meeting has ended. so how are you, Byeol?" Daehyun asked making Hanbyeol take a deep breath, "too good to be true" Hanbyeol answered, "based on how busy you look, I suppose you don't have time to date..You were like that back then too, that you left me" He utter making Hanbyeol scoff as she stand up from her seat. "well, being with you doesn't bring any difference in my life. Thus, who's here for who now, Im Daehyun. You need me while I don't, I afraid that's the case" Hanbyeol reply.

The meeting room is awfully quiet and no one actually move from their seat. Sunoo is probably surprised to know that Hanbyeol actually dated someone as they weren't told anything in the past. "that's so full you, Oh Hanbyeol. But, don't you remember how I'm the only one who wants you?" Daehyun oppose making Hanbyeol scoff aloud as she roll her eyes.

"excuse me? I chose you out of those other mans but then you're just not as promising as you look. And one fact, I have a boyfriend and he's definitely better than you" Hanbyeol reply, Sunghoon look down, covering his smile before he turn to Jimin and Sunoo who have a small smirk on their face. "If you feel like, there's a need for you to call off the partnership, please know that, Namyi is not going to be affected by it, we're doing well on our own. I don't like working with people like you, so fuck off" She continue which make everyone surprise, so do the three closest friend.

"Oh Hanbyeol, that's a little too much" Sunghoon whispered shout as he tug the girl sleeve making her turn to face him. "am I wrong? Park Sunghoon, know your side" Hanbyeol reply making the boyfriend clamp his lips in shock before tugging on her sleeve again as he turn back to the other Neurologist. "do your decision, I couldn't care less, Im Daehyun." Hanbyeol continue.

"Hanbyeol, you need to calm down" Sunghoon whispered, but Hanbyeol didn't respond to him and about to say something but Sunghoon cut her again. "Lo—Byeol, sit down" Sunghoon interrupts, Sunoo and Jimin exchange glances and smirk to each other. "no, why do we have to work with him?" Hanbyeol questioned with a frown, taking a last glance at the ex boyfriend before walking out of the meeting room.

Sunghoon sigh before standing up and take his and the girl things before standing in front of the older Neurologist, "you need to accept how you lose her and I hope this thing just won't happen again or we'll actually request to terminate the partnership" Sunghoon say making Daehyun scoff. "you lost too, Park Sunghoon" He utter making Sunghoon smirk.

"me?lost? I won, Im Daehyun. She's mine, I can proudly state how I can keep her warm in this winter season" Sunghoon brag as he pat the guy shoulder while smirking. "I hope you don't bother my girl too much, my girlfriend is aggressive when she's mad and you wouldn't want to experience that" Sunghoon continue and a few gasp can be heard through the room before Sunghoon make his exit from the room. Jimin tap Sunoo arm as a signal for them to leave too which they did together with the remaining attendees from Namyi.

------------------------------

Sunghoon rush his way into Hanbyeol office which is welcome by the girl crossing her arm, sitting on her swivel chair, with a frown on her face making Sunghoon smile as he walk towards her. He push the chair back, making space for him as he sit on her desk, facing her and Hanbyeol don't even bother by his presence.

"Byeol" he called but getting no response from the girl making him bite his lower lips. "baby, you need to calm down" He continue and receive a short sharp glare from the girl making him smile, "what is he? Emiritus?" Hanbyeol roll her eyes after, Sunghoon get off the desk, putting his arms on her side, caging her in her seat making her lift her head and meet his gaze.

"calm down, you're too tense right now" Sunghoon utter softly before giving her a peck on her lips, soften her gaze making the guy smile widen. "don't care about him, he's no one, so treat him like one" Sunghoon continue before giving her another peck on her lips. "I really don't want to work with him.." Hanbyeol utter while Sunghoon caress her face. "we can terminate it, the director said it's all under our control, right?" Sunghoon reply making Hanbyeol nod.

"then we just need to inform him about it, if they can't be professional then they are not worth our time" Sunghoon state making the girl nod again. "then we'll go see him tomorrow. for now, let's go home" Sunghoon continue as he pull the girl up from her seat and grab all the girl things. "do you want to stay at mine?" Sunghoon asked making the girl smile before nodding. "alright" he utter as he pull the girl by her hand and walk out of her office.