< 30 >

[ Gawon Clinic | 12:16PM ]

Sunghoon push the front door and smile to the receptionist before walking into Yura's office making the girl surprise to see him as he said he wanted a break in their relationship. "what are you doing here? are you okay?" Yura ask as she stand from her seat making the guy smile before he pull a small box from his pocket and put it on the girl desk.

a small rectangular Swarovski's  box.

"I just stop by to hand you that, I've bought it a week ago and I feel uneasy to keep it after so I decide to give you now"

"I'll get going, or I'll be late for work"

that's all Sunghoon said before leaving her alone in her office again, leaving Yura all confused and speechless. her eyes gaze lowered to the box that he just left her with, she take a seat and untie the ribbon and open it. It reveals a thin diamond necklace and a pair of earing making her smile widely but it didn't last long as a notification pop up on her phone screen.

"_rec04.251027_" - Sunghoon

"let's break up, Kim Yura" - Sunghoon

She read before opens their chat and listen to the recording and hear the full conversation of her and Hanbyeol making her surprise. she try to send some text towards the guy but find out that she is now blocked from the older which is why her text stayed on delivered, she can't see the guy profile picture too making  Yura curse under her breath.

------------------------------

[ Namyi University Hospital | 12:46PM ]

"Sunghoon" the said guy turn around and welcome by the sight of Goo Jimin and the older hand a paper bag at him making him confused as he take it. "what is this?" Sunghoon asked making the latter smile, "your lunch, I realize you're late than usual and probably hasn't had any meal so I bought something for you, eat up" He reply, pat the younger shoulder before walking pass him.

"lunch?" Sunghoon questioned before he opened the paper bag and see a Chicken slices and cheese croissant along with an iced latte. He look around,trying to find the older but he is now no where to be seen. He sigh and enter his office with the given lunch in hand.

"what's up with him..he bought me lunch since the day me and Hanbyeol fought" He mutter under his breath as he take out the food and enjoy it as much as he could. To be honest, he didn't have the appetite to eat since yesterday but he shouldn't waste the food given by the older.

As he finished the meal, he check his work schedule but then remembered something that he think he have to do making him rush to the Human Resource Department to request something.

------------------------------

He walk out of the top management office, holding Hanbyeol's phone, making his way towards Sunoo's office to hand it back. He knock a few times before pushing the door opens which reveal the younger who is currently analysing one of his patients scans.

Sunoo look up and realize it's Sunghoon making him sigh and frown, "what do you want mr. Park?" he ask as he give the older a sarcastic smile making Sunghoon sigh before he walks closer to the younger. "here, give it to Hanbyeol when she came back...pretty sure she don't want to meet me for some time" Sunghoon utter as he hand the phone over.

"glad that you realize that" Sunoo add making Sunghoon shut his eyes before sighing again and nod, "I know, I know I'm wrong, I broke up with Yura" Sunghoon confessed before walking away, out of the younger office. Sunoo scoff and smile in satisfaction as Sunghoon finally did what he had to do.

------------------------------

[ Namyi University Hospital | 31 Oct ]

Hanbyeol has started working yesterday but Sunghoon hasn't seen her as he had a morning scheduled surgery and an emergency surgery an hour after, just when he finished both, Hanbyeol's shift has ended, and he didn't have enough courage to go to talk to her at her home.

It's 11:56AM , and Sunghoon planned to asked her out for a lunch, so here he is, standing in front of the girl office, contemplating whether to knock or not. He flinched when the door being open reveal Hanbyeol who is surprise to see the guy too, "Hi? um..I'm wondering if..you want to go for a lunch together?" Sunghoon asked, making Hanbyeol look down. "I'm a little busy, I don't think I can.." The girl answered, Sunghoon couldn't hide his disappointment.

"ah, really? it's okay then" He utter as he step aside before they heard the girl named being called. "Ms. Oh, are you perhaps busy? I need to refer something" one of the hospital physician questioned, "me? nothing much, what do you need help with?" Hanbyeol answered as she make her way to the physician, leaving Sunghoon turn away in speechlessness and decide to walk back to his office.

Oh Hanbyeol act like they're a stranger to each others. Sunghoon felt like a lighting strike straight into his heart, he let out a faint laugh in disbelief before run his hand into his hair making his neat comb hair turn into a disheveled one. "that's hurts so much Oh Hanbyeol.." He mutter under his breath before his office door opens reveal Goo Jimin. He bought him something, again. 

"You're here again" Sunghoon say as he smile sarcastically, obviously not in mood, and the older is quick to realize that. Jimin walk to Sunghoon, take a seat across him and put the lunch box he bought in front of the younger. "so what happened?" Jimin asked making Sunghoon sigh. "Hanbyeol treat me like a total stranger" He reply, "she said that she's busy to me but when Chaein came she say she isn't" He continue making the older nod. "busy for you, free for others" Jimin utter making the younger nod.

"but that doesn't mean you should give up, Park Sunghoon" Jimin continue making the younger look down. "just like what she said, she done everything for you, so don't expect that she will be okay just because you greet her and asked her out for a lunch" He adds making Sunghoon sigh, "apologize properly, she will take her time, days, weeks, months. your words hurts her deeply" Jimin add more.

that's what Sunghoon does for days, he text her a whole paragraph of apologizing to her but she left him on read which make him almost give up but he try more by greeting her every time he seen her around with the biggest smile on his face but nothing works. Sunoo? Sunghoon will get roast every time he get near him, remind him over and over about how he messed up their friendship. Sunghoon want to build their friendship bond again but Hanbyeol didn;t let him.