< 27 >

Hanbyeol take a quick hot shower, she feel like there aren't much energy in her body that she shower while sitting down

Hanbyeol take a quick hot shower, she feel like there aren't much energy in her body that she shower while sitting down. She sit under the running warm water for about 15 minutes before going out of her bathroom and put on a warm clothes and walk out of her room with the food tray that Haemin brought earlier.

She didn't see anyone around, making her slowly walk to the kitchen, nearing the sink, seeing a small pile of dirty dishes. She open the water tap and wash the plates and glass before a memory appears in her mind. The memory where Sunghoon and her baking together in her kitchen, how he slowly push her aside and insisted to do the dishes. Without realising, a tear slip from her left eye before she continue her doings.

she then felt a hand on her shoulder making her turn around instantly. "mom" she called making the older smile before she reach for her hand, rinse them before move her away as she take her place making her breath hitch as the it reminds it of the guy again.

She look away, blinking a few times, processing her feelings before hugging the older from behind, leaning her head on her shoulder. "you love him?" The older asked, "I don't know, do I?" the daughter answered. "based on what I've seen over years?yes you do Byeol" The older utter making the girl get lost in thoughts.

"Have you seen yourself?"

"worrying over the boy if he had eaten everyday"

"worrying if he fail a subject"

"checking on him if he's 5 minutes late"

"you bought him drinks in case he needed them"

"you feel lost when he got himself a girlfriend"

"you're willing to take his pain as long as he'll be okay"

"did you realize that?"

the older rants while Hanbyeol keep silence as she thought about every moment that her mom just mentioned. "you know how much he suffered that you don't have the courage to call him when you need him" the older continue as she felt the younger take in a deep breath. She take in every of the older words deeply into her heart, as she know her mom is right. Moreover, when Sunoo said the same thing on the day before.

"maybe I am in love with him..but I want him to be happy with whoever he choose" Hanbyeol exclaimed making her mother giggle. "you said the girl was a bitch yesterday, Hanbyeol" the older utter making her sigh. "she is, but she could change if she realize that Sunghoon really love her" Hanbyeol reply.

the older close the water tap and turn to face her daughter making her pull away from the older back. "you're still supporting him after what he have said?" The mother questioned making the younger to look down on her feet before nodding. "I've promised him" she utter.

"I promised to not turned my back on him even if he did something" Hanbyeol continue. "even when he got you running away all the way to here? You're so in love with him, huh?" Her mom reply, another silence can be heard making the older sigh. "do anything that you think could help you heal okay? I just hope that you don't lose your shine, Byeol" the older continue making Hanbyeol lift her head as she smile to her mother before giving her a few assuring nod making the older smile too.

"Hanbyeol, did you forget something?" Her mother questioned making her confused before shaking her head, resulting a sigh from the older. "Happy Birthday princess" The older wished her as she plant a kiss on her forehead making Hanbyeol eyes widen. "it's my..birthday?" she mutter making the older nod. Hanbyeol look away from her mother, looking at the calendar just to find that she's right, it's her birthday.

Tuesday, 28th October 2025.

"this is probably the worse birthday.."she mutter under her breath.

------------------------------

[ Namyi University Hospital | 11:57PM ]

Sunoo push Sunghoon's door opened, without knocking, and being welcomed by where Sunghoon is sitting on his swivel chair and his girlfriend is sitting on his table, not in front of him by more to his left, but still, facing him as he is on his desktop.

"ew" Sunoo utter making the two turn to him, Yura avoid his sharp gaze as she get off the table. "what is it?" Sunghoon asked as he turn to the younger making him scoff before take a seat across him.

"nothing, just decide to barge in your office like I used to" Sunoo reply as he put Hanbyeol's phone on the older desk making him confused. "you still have Byeol's phone? where is she? we're supposed to have meeting after lunch hour" Sunghoon utter making the younger scoff again.

"bold of you to asked that, but she's dead, maybe almost but yeah similar" Sunoo reply making Sunghoon frown and tilt his head in confusion. "I heard she caught a high fever, but I don't know where she is at the moment, she called me through who knows who's phone" Sunoo continue.

"she can manage herself, she's an adult" Yura muttered making Sunoo glared at her furiously. "ouh really? how about YOU try to ride a bike for a whole FOUR hours to Busan in storms, on the night before your birthday. let's see if you'll survive without at least having a seizures" Sunoo reply, uncover all the truths while smiling sarcastically towards the girl.

"what is her problem? why did she go all the way there? have she lost her mind?" Sunghoon questioned making Sunoo scoff in disbelief. "seriously? YOU are the problem here Park Sunghoon. In case you missed it, it's her fucking birthday today and you ruined it in the most beautiful way" Sunoo reply and stand up from his seat, he push Hanbyeol's phone towards the older.

"keep it, you might found something you need. Byeol will be back tomorrow, IF she can make it" Sunoo continue before leaving the two alone in the older office.

"it's her birthday?" Sunghoon mutter under his breath as he turn to his desktop to check the date. 28th October. "fuck" he curse as he release a deep sigh. "do you want to go out? I think you need to clear your mind" Yura oppose making him turn to the girl before nodding.