< 37 >

[ Busan | 7PM ]

[ Busan | 7PM ]

the dinner they just had was a little bit awkward and full of silence, Sunghoon and Hanbyeol keep exchanging glances due to the silence. Her mother try to make the environment as lively as it used to be, asking Sunghoon how's work and so on, but they can't deny the tension in the room. Hanbyeol and Sunghoon can't even bring themselves to say that they are in a relationship, they just say that they are in a good terms.

currently, Sunghoon is helping Hanbyeol with the dishes in the kitchen, "this feel so weird.." Sunghoon sigh as he pass the girl, last soapy plate for her to rinse. "you should work harder. tomorrow, why don't you spend some time with him?" Hanbyeol suggested as he pull his hands and rinse it under the running water before closing the tap.

"how?" he questioned, "he has been talking about going fishing, maybe you could try that" Hanbyeol suggested again, "fishing? I think I can do that..We'll see" Sunghoon reply making the girl smile. "but, how does it feel? roasted by Sunoo every single day, now dad is practically keep staring at you like you're a criminal" Hanbyeol tease making Sunghoon roll his eyes.

"cut it out, aren't you teasing me too much?" Sunghoon questioned making Hanbyeol shake her head before sticking her tongue out making Sunghoon scoff, "should I repeat what I did in the car?" he asked, smirking as Hanbyeol clamp her lip together, avoiding his gaze making him giggle before he pull the girl closer by her hips Hanbyeol whine as she look away, her head lay against his collarbone.

"give me a kiss.." He whispered while smiling, trying to make the girl to look at him but Hanbyeol shakes her head and keep looking down as she cover her eyes with her palms. "aaa..just one.." Sunghoon plead making Hanbyeol finally lift her head, looking at the guy through the gap between her middle and index finger that she seperate vertically which reveals her both eyes as her middle and ring finger rest on her nose bridge.

"byeol" he called as the girl keep staring at him, more like, admiring his feature up close. The red tint on her cheeks is much visible than before, Hanbyeol look away for a moment before pulling him closer by his nape and kiss him on the lips making Sunghoon smile into the kiss as he kiss her back for a few seconds, shifting their direction, making Hanbyeol lowered back bump against the kitchen counter, before pulling away. "you should try talking to him,hm?" Hanbyeol say making him nod.

"I'm going to take a quick shower, if you need me, I'll be in my room, okay?" she continue making him nod again as he pat her head a few times and push her away softly out of the kitchen.They walk out to the living room, Hanbyeol enter her room while Sunghoon take a seat on the couch in the living room before he heard his name being called. "Park Sunghoon" he definitely know who's the voice belongs to. "talk, backyard" Hanbyeol dad continue as Sunghoon has stand up and face him properly making him nod and follow the older to their small backyard.

seeing the space making Sunghoon smile as it reminds him of the memories he and Hanbyeol created when they're teenagers but then he stop smiling as the older turn to face him making him gulp. "is Hanbyeol really is the one that asked you to come with her?" he questioned making Sunghoon shakes his head right away.

"I—I'm the one who wants to come here, I want to apologise properly to you as I hurt her ba—"

"so you know how hurt she felt that night..Do you know how much you broke her?"

"My Hanbyeol never cried so much in her life until that night"

"she fainted, weakened, lost, had a high fever, she looks like shit for a whole three days"

"have you apologise to her, properly, before you came here?"

Hanbyeol's father cut the surgeon words making him gulp in nervous as he hear every single thing that the older said about his girl. "I have. I went to her house and admitted all my fault, I broke up with my girlfriend, I apologise for everything and I made a promise that I won't repeat the same mistakes again in the future. Hanbyeol is so precious to me, and I realized that late which I regretted so much and I'll make sure to not let it happen again" Sunghoon reply.

He feel more nervous as the older walk closer to him before putting his hand on the younger shoulder making Sunghoon flinch. "I adore you so much Park Sunghoon" he let out, encourage Sunghoon to look properly in his eyes to show more respect, "you're like my son, I love you as much as I love my children, but it broke me so much to see my daughter bawling her eyes out because of you. I trusted you to protect her but it's you who ended up hurting her" The older continue.

The memories of him not picking up Hanbyeol's call when she needed him flash through his mind making his eyes get teary. "I'm...truly sorry...I truly am" Sunghoon apologise as he look down, holding his tears back as the guilt gush in his veins. He feel like the earth stop spinning when he is pulled into a warm embrace of the girl father, resulting a tear to drop from his eyes.

"I forgive you this time, as she's back and look happy as ever but I really wouldn't let you go if you make her cry again" the older utter making the younger nod his head a few times. "I won't..I really won't, if I ever did, you can shut me out of her life" Sunghoon reply as he pull away from the short hug and see Hanbyeol's father let out a small smile before giving him a nod.

"you can go, we'll talk more tomorrow" the older oppose making Sunghoon nod again before excusing himself as he quickly make his way to the girl room and knock on the wooden door a few times, "come in" he heard which make him softly push the door open and reveal his girlfriend drying her hair with a small towel in a black hoodie and beige sweats. He walk into the girl room, closing the door and quickly went to hug the girl making her smile.

"what's up?have you talked to him?" Hanbyeol asked making the guy nod before pecking her lips making her surprise before smiling widely, "you're crying, what did he said?" Hanbyeol asked more as she wipe the tear stains on his cheeks before caressing them with her thumbs. "he forgave me..he said that we'll talk more tomorrow" He answered making the girl nod.

"then why are you crying?" She asked as she released a short giggle, "because I love you" Sunghoon let out leaving the girl surprise, "and, what's the relation between that?" Hanbyeol questioned. "I love you so much that I'm worried that he wouldn't let me come close to you and I have to leave you.." He confessed which make a warm smile creep up on Hanbyeol face.

She feel so loved, and she love it more that anything she even felt. She wants him as much as he wants her and that feel so beautiful and warm, it brings so much warmness to her heart, that she feels like it's melting inside. She then waste no time and plant a long kiss on his forehead and smile to him as she pull away making the guy smile too.

"i think you need sleep" Hanbyeol say as she turn away and lift up the cover of her bed before adjusting her position and lay comfortably on her Full Double sized bed, opening her arm, welcoming the guyto be in her embrace. Sunghoon can feel his cheeks warms up at the scene of her being clingy and lovely, he then crawl onto the bed before laying on top of the girl making them both giggle.

Sunghoon lay his head on her upper chest while one of Hanbyeol hand caress the back of his head softly and the othe other one stay around his waist, "you've done a great job today.." Hanbyeol mutter, Sunghoon let out a hum as a sign of him listening "you drove for almost 5 hours, you help with the dishes, you talked with dad..you've done a lot.." She continue making the guy smile before shifting his head to be on the crook of the girl neck and they both stayed in the position until they eventually fall asleep.