< 24 >

[ Namyi University Hospital | 27th Oct ]

Two weeks pass in a blink of an eye, Hanbyeol often gets lunch offers from Goo Jimin, and surprisingly, she didn't turn them down like she have done in the past. Sunoo is getting really busy nowadays that they can't have lunch together, either of them will go early or later for lunch due to the load of patients they both receive.

Sunghoon? They greet each other in the morning if they run into each other, no more than that. Their friendship has been a little distant lately, he also doesn't seek for her ever since the night where he asked for the advice for his girlfriend birthday gift.

"do you have a lot to do?" Jimin asked as Hanbyeol take the last bite of her lunch making shake her head. "I have like 2 more reports, but my shift will end at 6 nonetheless and I've promised to have dinner with Sunoo after work" Hanbyeol answer before taking a sip of her iced peach tea. "the Weather apps said that it'll rain around 8, if it rains, wait for me, I'll finish work by 7" He remind her making her nod.

but a scoff and smirk pop up on Hanbyeol's face making the older smile in confusion, "why?" he ask making the girl shake her head. "It used to be Sunghoon who said that, now it's you" Hanbyeol utter, "talking of him, I feel like I need to buy him a coffee, he's on the evening shift and also on stand by for today" She continue as she unlock her phone.

"you're taking care of him" He utter making Hanbyeol smile, "I can't help it, I've been doing it for the past 18 years" She answered making the older nod in understanding as he smile seeing how she's surfing through the guy favourite coffee shop on her phone before picking one for the guy and paid for it.

"why do you always stick with him?" Jimin asked make Hanbyeol lift her head to face him, "Sunghoon mentality is weaker than you thought, he seems okay but he's raining downpours inside. When he want to let it go, I just want to be the one who'll comfort him" Hanbyeol explains.

"isn't that just a pure love?" He questioned which make the girl surprise. "I'm doing what I should do in a friendship, and no one knows him more than me so I should take it as an advantage" She answered as she take a last sip of her drink before standing up, "let's go, It's almost 1" She continue making the guy nod.

------------------------------

[ 5:52PM ]

"8 minutes" Sunoo utter as he walk around his office, organising his patients reports and rays copy that he need to pass to the other medical staffs later that night. Hanbyeol is currently sitting on the couch he had in his office waiting for him to have dinner together after.

Sunoo unfortunately have to stay for work until midnights as the Radiologist who's on the night shift took an emergency leave. "we'll just eat at Yui's since you need to come back in one and a half hour" Hanbyeol utter making the younger nod before continue to organise the files that are scattered on his desk for a while.

"I think this is okay, let's go" Sunoo said making her nod as she stand up and they walk out of his office together. Sunghoon is on the night shift too for today and he said that he doesn't think he could make it for dinner with the two as he have surgery at 4 which he will probably finish by 7.

------------------------------

[ Yui Café | 6:05PM ]

They just finished ordering their food and currently waiting on a table for two. Sunoo was in rush that he don't even took off his white lab coat while Hanbyeol clearly look like she have finished working, she don't even wear her work ID around her neck, instead she put it on the table.

Just then a familiar face enter the café, Kim Yura with a few of her friends. She doesn't seem to realize that Hanbyeol is there, Sunoo notice that Hanbyeol is staring on something making him turn around to check and see Sunghoon's girl walking to a table of four.

"it's nice to see that she's having fun, she's wearing the bag too" Hanbyeol utter as she turn her gaze outside the window, watching the cars that are passing by the café. "She definitely like that bag" Sunoo said making the girl nod as she turn to him. "but I still think something is going on with her, something just feel wrong" Sunoo confessed making the girl confused. "stop overthinking, she's good" Hanbyeol said making Sunoo sigh,

"fine, but-"

"Kim Sunoo, we'll see about that later"

Hanbyeol cut the younger sentence making him scoff before leaning his back on his chair. Their food arrive after about 15 minutes, they ordered a rosé tteokbokki, cream pasta, an aglio olio and some side dishes. They enjoy the food while talking about the things they don't get too shared due to their own packed schedule. By the time they finished eating, it's already almost 7. "wait, I think I need to go to the bathroom for a while" Hanbyeol utter making Sunoo nod before the girl stand up and walk away.