< 3 >

[ Busan | Busan Middle School | 4:47PM ]

Sunghoon park in front of Hanbyeol brother school, waiting for him to end his class at 5. he glance at the sleeping girl in the passenger seat and scoff.

"I only let you sleep as you say you're going to drive the way back.."

he utter before slowly tap the girl shoulder making her eyes slowly flutter open, "we're here" he say as he stretched his body out after a 4 hours drive.

Hanbyeol too, stretch her body out before turn to the guy with a blank face making him laugh out a loud which make her laugh too."don't say anything, i'm refreshing my brain system" the girl claim making him nod.

after a seconds, "are you done? cause Haemin will probably walk out anytime" he utter making her sigh and nod before getting out of the car after unbuckle her seatbelt, same goes to Sunghoon.

she brush her hair using her hand to make it look more neat, using Sunghoon's car window as a mirror. "do I look okay? do I look messy?" she questioned the guy who is laying his back against the school gate making him shake his head.

They can see students have make their way to the gate, Hanbyeol look down to her phone and text her brother to ask if his class already ended.

"who is him? he looks so good"

"his style is perfect"

"he look like a doctor.."

"he's so fucking handsome"

"is that his girlfriend?"

a few conversations exchange between the students can be heard by the two making them glance at each other before scoffing and shake their head.

"I can be anything but not your girlfriend" Hanbyeol claim making the guy smirk. "right, but you can't find anyone better than me" Sunghoon reply making the girl frown as she eye him up and down. "I don't want someone that date for fun" Hanbyeol reply making the guy scoff as he nod, agreeing with the girl.

"noona..?Sunghoon hyung?"

a familiar voice can be hear making the two look to their right and see Haemin standing in front of the school gate, looking at them. Hanbyeol smile widely as she meet eye with the younger.

"you're here, come on" Hanbyeol utter as she reach for the boy hand and pull him towards the car.

"Oh Haemin, wait!"

a girl called for the boy name making them turn around and see a girl jog to them. "Yujin..why?" the boy asked, Hanbyeol eyes gaze to her name tag.

Na Yujin. Class President.

"you left your school trip form" the girl hand him, he slowly reach for it, "but I said that I'm not going.." he reply which make the older surprise before making him turn to face her.

"Ya, didn't I said that you can go? just go, it's okay" Hanbyeol reassure the younger making him sigh. "you need the money more, Gangwon living cost is expensive" he reply making the two smile as they exchanged glances with each other.

Sunghoon approach the boy and put his hand on his shoulder,  "Hey, it's nothing. okay, what's this car brand?" Sunghoon asked as he pointed at his car, "Genesis?" he answered making the older nod.

"It's Byeol's, she have money, A LOT. so don't worry" He answer making the girl widen her eyes as she slap his arm making him groan. "ow, that hurts.."he whine as he rub his arms.

"so are you going?" Yujin asked the boy again, he still hesitant to answer, "He is, he'll hand in the form tomorrow" Hanbyeol reply making the girl smile and nod. "then, I'll get going now, have a nice day Ms Oh" she greet before left them. "noona, is this really your car?" Haemin asked her older sister.

"of course n—"

"it is, now let's go home, it's getting darker"

Sunghoon cut her words making her frown as he walk into the driver seat as he pull the younger with him, she just scoff before getting in the passenger seat.

-----------------------------

"what time will we go back?" Sunghoon ask as he take a seat beside the girl who is admiring the night view. "9 should be fine" Hanbyeol answered.

"you know what?4 hours drive worth it for this view"

"and the family gathering too"

Sunghoon continue before he release a deep sigh, Hanbyeol turn her head towards the guy as he know what is on his mind.

"I miss my family too"

he let out, just like what she expected. Sunghoon lost his parents during middle school years, when they're 13. It is one of the reasons how their friendship started. She found him alone when he's in the most vulnerable state. as he have to live alone from then, Hanbyeol family often offer him to stay for dinner.

Hanbyeol stand on the ground and put out her arm out making him confused. "what is it?" he asked, in confusion. "in case you want to cry in my arms" she reply while smirking making the guy scoff.

"I won't cry, it's been so long" he utter making the girl shrug. "well, maybe a comfort hug could do too" she said, resulting a soft smile carved on his lips before he stand up and walk into her embrace making her smile before rubbing his back softly. "doesn't this feel better?" she ask making the guy nod.

That's how it always is, they're there for each other up's and down's. see each other break down in their embrace doesn't feel weird, not even near the word. They find comfort in each other presence but still, no feelings ever evolved in between.