< 8 >

Hanbyeol push the room door amd quickly get inside and seek for the guy, she look around and see Sunghoon in the preparation room, washing his hand, painfully slow making the girl gulp in worry before rush to him

there's a few drop of blood on his face and neck, he is aware about the girl presence but he still keep his head down, keep washing his hand under the running water. Hanbyeol wet her hand before wiping the blood away from his feature making his hand stop moving.

"What should I do now?"

he questioned as the girl continue to help him with the mess on his body features, "it's not your fault..we can't change the fate, Hoon. he would die even if other surgeons handle it" she answer as she close the water tap and turn the guy to face her.

"but I can't say that to his family, they'll lash out" He utter making the girl sigh. "it's all stated on the patient surgery approval, it's written that the chance of him to make it is 30:70 as he was already in a severe condition, they'll understand, they will" Hanbyeol reply.

a sniff can be heard from the guy, Hanbyeol straightly pull him into his embrace, caress the back of his head, calming him down as she feel his tears flowing down to her shoulder.

"why today..It's already hard for me to make it here.. just why" he rants as he tightened the hug making the girl rub his back. "as a certified surgeon, I should have save him but I can't" he continue.

"hey, it's fine, you tried your best. Something don't happened without God's will, there's a lesson behind everything"

"but I want to know that you've done the best, you've done everything to save him"

"when you're ready to tell the patient family members, I'll be by your side..hm? I'll be there for you" she reply as she pull away and look at his face, smiling softly as she wipe his tears away.

they stay in the exact position for a minute before Sunghoon casually calm down and look straight into the girl eyes, the girl smile as she knew what he's trying to say. she take a hold of his hand as she slowly drag the guy out of the room.

they exit the room and straightly met eye with the late patient family, Sunghoon gulp as he ball his hand into a fist, holding his tears from falling. "I'm..I'm really sorry..I couldn't save him..I'm so sorry.." he let out.

he expected that the patient family members will blame him but instead, the older who is the patient mom step closer to the surgeon before giving him a warm hug making hanbyeol smile. Sunghoon is clearly in shock with the older action making him not knowing what to do.

"it's okay, I believed that you've tried everything"

"you've worked so hard for this"

"at least, my child misery has been put to an end"

"It's a lie if I said it doesn't hurt but at least he doesn't have to suffer anymore isn't him?"

"thank you doc, you've done your best for us"

the older rants as she rub the guy back as he sharply inhaled his breath, holding tears back as he take in every single thing the older just said. the older pull away before tapping his shoulder a few times before make their way apart from the two.

Sunghoon look at his side as he felt Hanbyeol holding his arm, "see? there's absolutely nothing to be afraid of" she assure him making him smile softly as he wipe his teary eyes with his sleeve. "let's finish some work and have lunch together, okay? you can stay in my office" she asked making the guy nod.

-----------------------------

"Oh Hanbyeol"

a familiar voice called, making the said girl look up from her paperworks and see Kim Sunoo as he make his way into the girl office. "what is it? it's almost lunchtime" she said making the younger frown.

"that's why, I'm here"

"did you perhaps see Sunghoon?"

"I haven't seen him after the surgery"

He answered and the girl look over the younger back, signalled him to turn around which he do quickly and see the said guy sitting on her office couch, scrolling his phone. the younger slowly turn his head back to the girl.

'is he okay?' he asked the girl by using a sign language. Hanbyeol release a short sigh before slightly shaking her head. the younger just nod as he think about how to brighten the older mood up but then the girl outfit catch his attention more.

"isn't that Sunghoon's shirt?" the younger asked making her sigh before nodding. he have asked this earlier, "so you did fetch him again" He continue making the girl nod again before her gaze divert to the guy on her couch.

"he needs me, I have to be there" She reply as she turn back to the younger making him nod before glancingat his watch, "it's 12, let's get our lunch, I still have work after" he utter making her nod as they get up from their seat.

"Hoon, let's go.." Hanbyeol called making the guy look up to her before getting up from the couch and follow the two out from the office, to the café.