< 7 >

[ A

[ A.Que Condominium | 6:18AM ]

Sunghoon eyes flutter open as his alarm went off for the second time. He look around and see he is in his room, he's a little confuse but then he remembered how Hanbyeol fetch him up earlier.

he released a sigh before getting off his bed, walk out of his room and find Hanbyeol sleep soundly on the couch in the living room.

"you have room for yourself, why did you sleep there.." he mutter as he walk to the girl and sit on the floor, his back against the couch she is on. he released a deep sigh as he lay his head back, on the girls leg, which make her flinch.

Hanbyeol eyes slowly flutter open, and she see Sunghoon resting his head against her leg, spacing out making her worried.

"you okay?" she questioned with a low voice making the guy turn to her before turning his head back to where he look before, then shake his head. "I tried.." he mumble.

"I tried not to think about it"

"I tried to not feel emotional"

"but it always end up this way..what should I do?"

he rants making the girl gulp before she sit up straight, carefully and softly pushing his head forward before she get her leg of the couch, her foot, now touching the cold floor of the guy's unit. Now Sunghoon is in between her legs, Hanbyeol hold his head, softly pushing his head back, upwards, so he can look at her.

"it's okay to feel that way"

"even if it's 50 years forwards, you will feel the same"

"the pain don't disappear, you'll just getting used to lived with it as a companion"

"you can feel the pain over and over"

"but I'm here"

"I'm always here"

"you just need to give me a call"

"then I'll go to you without hesitation"

"don't keep it to yourself"

"it'll hurt more"

Hanbyeol reply as she caress the guy shoulder, a tear roll down his cheeks making her smile softly before wiping it off. Sunghoon get his back off the couch and turn his body towards the girl making her raise her eyebrow, asking if he want something.

"i need a hug" Sunghoon utter making the girl giggle before she walk to him and pull him into her embrace, and he responds right away by tightening the hug as the girl rub his back. "we work half day today..do you wanna go there?I'll drive" Hanbyeol asked making the guy shake his head. "alright, whatever you prefer" She continue.

-----------------------------

[ Namyi University Hospital | 9AM ]

"Kang Ryumin report"

Sunoo utter as he walk into Hanbyeol office making her nod. "you can put it there, I'm checking her past data" Hanbyeol say, not getting any reply from the younger but see him taking a seat across her through her peripheral view.

"Isn't that Sunghoon's shirt?" he questioned which make the girl turn to him before nodding, "so you do fetch him" he tease making the girl scoff, "it's 12th September, he need it" She reply making the younger nod.

"Kim Sunoo, I advise you to go back to your office before anyone call you" Hanbyeol utter making the guy scoff, "fine, I'm used to being push away anyway" he reply making her chuckle making the guy do the same before bid her a goodbye and exit her office.

She reach for the patient MRI scan and compare with the saved data to check if there's any improvements on the man brain condition after going through a surgery due to a severe epilepsy a month back.

she then hear a knock on her door making her to look up and see the oncologist, Goo Jimin making her smile. "good morning" he greet her, "good morning to you too, what's that?" Hanbyeol reply as she point at the file in the older hand.

"update about Lee Jieun" He utter making the girl nod, he then take a seat across her and put the file in front of her. "it's a non cancerous tumor, so we need to discuss further about the removal together with Sunghoon. It's still on an early stage and it's curable so I suggest the surgery to be done by next week" He voice out while Hanbyeol scan the document page by page.

"sure, I'll inform the surgeon then we'll have a further discussion" Hanbyeol utter as she close the file and look up to the older making him nod. "ah, you're working half day today right?" he ask making her nod, "do you want to have lunch together?we can invite Sunghoon too" je suggested making her smile widely and nod.

"sure, I'll tell Sunghoon when he finished his surg—" her reply was cut by her office phone rings making her confused as she pick it up, "yes?" she questioned, her resting face slowly become a frown and shocked.

"Sunghoon..failed the surgery?I'm going there"

"can you excuse me for a while?I have to go to the OR quick" she utter to the older, not even care to wait for his response and rushly exit her office and make her way to the Operation Room that Sunghoon's in.

"fuck the no running policy" she mutter under her breath before running down the stairs to reach the room which is located 3 floors under her office.

He have gone through enough today, he never failed a surgery, this is the first time he did and it's on a dreadful day of his. He will blame himself, and Hanbyeol doesn't want that.