< 18 >

[ 26th September | Yui café ]

Sunghoon is having his lunch alone as he is on his leave, he is currently waiting for Hanbyeol to finish work at 2 as they have made plan to go to the beach right after as they both feel like to and it have been a long time since they went out of the town.

he take a bite from his slice chocolate cake, before someone knock on his table making him to look up. He then met eye with Kim Yura which make his eyes widen as he is surprised to see the girl there.

"Hi" she greet before taking a seat across mine. "what are you doing here? I thought your sister had discharged?" Sunghoon questioned before taking a sip of his iced coffee. "she did, I'm just..wandering around? it's my off day" She explain making the guy nod. "oh really?I'm on leave too" Sunghoon reply making the girl surprise.

"that's cool, If you have nothing to do, you can hit me up" She utter, smiling widely. Sunghoon body stunned for a few seconds before he smile to the girl,

"are you hitting on me right now?" He asked as he lean his back on the chair, looking amused, making the girl shrug. "maybe? does it feel cringe? I never flirt" she answered as she let out an awkward chuckle making the guy smile wider.

"it's okay, should I give you my number then?" Sunghoon questioned making the girl eyes widen in shock. "are you for real right now?" She asked in disbelief making him chuckle. "I mean, who knows if it'll work?" He reply making the girl continue to blink her eyes a few time, not believing the guy just giving her a chance.

"give me your phone" Sunghoon utter make the girl hurriedly pull her phone out from her pocket before hand it to him. Sunghoon put in his number and save it for her before handing it back to her, "you can just give me a call, I finished working after 6 most of the days" He utter making the girl nod, she is about to say something but the guy phone rings.

Sunghoon smile before picking the call up, putting it on speaker. "yes, Oh Hanbyeol-nim" he called and hearing a sigh from the other side. "I finished my work, where are you?home?" Hanbyeol questioned as her voice sounds like she's stretching her body out.

"I'm at the café, come here, bring my car" Sunghoon reply, "alright, give me 10 minutes, mr. Goo just called" Hanbyeol reply making the guy hum in response before she cut the call off. "is that, the girl the from the other day?" Yura asked making Sunghoon nod.

"she borrow my car yesterday, she need to bring boxes of documents back home yesterday and bring it back today, that's why I'm here" Sunghoon explain making the girl nod. "do you often lend anyone your car?" She asked, making him shake his head. "only her and my other friend, I trust her that much" He reply as he smile endearingly.

"you must have a special bond between you guys" Yura point out making his smile widen before nodding. "something like that, we just have known each other for a very long time" Sunghoon exclaim making her nod. Just then, a notification pop up on his phone screen. It's from Hanbyeol which says that she's there, making him to look outside and see a familiar car, making him smile before stnding up from his seat. "I have to go, see you later?" Sunghoon utter making the girl smile, "yeah, see you later" she reply before he bid her a goodbye and rush out from the café.

Sunghoon get into the passenger seat, buckling his seatbelt before drifting his gaze to Hanbyeol just to see that the girl is looking at him, having a small smirk on her face. "isn't that the girl you are pursuing?" she asked making the guy roll his eyes before nodding with a smile on his face.

"good for you, you seem so happy" Hanbyeol utter as she drive away from the café. "Sampo Beach?" Hanbyeol asked for confirmation making the guy nod.

------------------------------

[ Sampo Beach | 3:27PM ]

Hanbyeol and Sunghoon now have their pants rolled up below their knees, holding their shoes in their hands, walking together by the seaside, their feet repeatedly getting hit by the small waves of the ocean.

"the air hits different here..the hint of salt in it feels just right" Sunghoon utter making Hanbyeol smile before nodding as a sign of agreement. "We should go to Gwanggali again anytime in the future, it surely brings more memories" Hanbyeol say making them both chuckle.

"yeah, remembered how you accidentally fall into a hole that someone dig to build a sand castle?" Sunghoon questioned making the girl whine as she glare at him, "you tried to get me drinking the ocean water so I ran for my life" Hanbyeol exclaimed making Sunghoon chuckle, "You lose the game, and that's the penalty" He add.

they let out a chuckle before silence creep out again, but it's not an awkward silence, it's rather a comforting silence. "if you get a girlfriend, like, a real one, that you want to marry, where would you take her for the first date?" Hanbyeol asked.

"first date? maybe to a beach, I think it'll be romantic" He answered as he grins making the girl to do the same, "that's actually cool" She admits. And once again, they walk calmly on the wet sand, leaving their footprints behind them. An idea pops up in Sunghoon mind making him to stop walking leaving Hanbyeol walking alone for a few steps ahead.

"Oh Hanbyeol"

"hm?"

Hanbyeol turn around to face the guy but she is welcome by a small splash of water hitting her face making her groan, lifting her hands to cover her face. Sunghoon let out a chuckle before he splash some more to the girl making her glare at the guy before stepping more into the ocean and do the same thing upon the guy.

the prior silence is now filled with their laughter, a genuine happiness can be heard in both of their laugh, they have a great time with each other. The water fight continue for almost half of an hour, before they eventually stop, still have  a wide smile across their face as they look at each other.

Sunghoon's hair is half wet same goes to the girl while their shirts have a few wet spots, well, Hanbyeol's ones is severe to be honest. "let's have an early dinner and go back home" Sunghoon suggested making Hanbyeol nod her head.

"you can wear this" Sunghoon hand her a sweatshirt that he brought for himself earlier. "thank you, but the restroom is too far away, I'm too lazy and tired to walk" She complain and sigh making the guy scoff. "change inside, in the backseat" Sunghoon instructed as he open the door for her.

"what if someone see me?" She whine, "my car window is dark enough to not let it happen, I won't let anyone too, get in" Sunghoon utter making the girl sigh before getting in the backseat of the car and close the door. Sunghoon then walk to the driver seat and get in making the girl surprise.

"you're staying in while I change?" She asked in disbelief and more shocked when the guy give her a nod. "I've seen you half naked Hanbyeol, it's getting too hot outside, my skin is starting to burn" He reply making the girl sigh. "that was an accident, it's just once" Hanbyeol protest.

"pretty sure it's not once Byeol, I think six, I have seen you with only towel wrapped around your body, you only having your undies on, you—"

"okay, alright, fine, but that's because you don't put your hand in use to knock on my door" Hanbyeol cut his words making him gives her a smug smile as she starts to unbutton her tops making him to look away, he lean his head against the head rest, closing his eyes making the girl smile.

"tell me when you're done"