< 28 >

[ Namyi Rooftop | 12:23PM ]

"you said you want to show me something earlier, what is it?" Sunghoon ask as he take a sip from the coffee that he just receive from the hospital Oncologist, Goo Jimin. He didn't know what come over the older but he bought him a cup of warm latte and hand him it just before the two walk to the rooftop. Latte is his comfort drink. Yura pull out her phone, looking like she's searching for something before a recording of a conversation can be heard and It's clearly Hanbyeol's voice.

"leave him, don't be pathetic"

"I've been with him since we're 13, he have gone through a lot of shits and I don't want him to go through another"

"ah"

"and I'm a Neurologist"

"Namyi University Hospital Neurologist"

"know your place"

The recording ended there as there's a sound of the door closing harshly rather than softly. Sunghoon feels mad at fact that Hanbyeol said all of those when she know he is so happy with his relationship with Yura. But at the same time, he is so confused, he know Hanbyeol more than anyone.

He already feel bad on ruining her birthday and now doubting the recording from Yura's, Oh Hanbyeol isn't the type to lash out at people, she's far too positive to be true. She don't judge people easily, the caused to him letting out his anger to him as he was in shock and stress due some mistakes that happened in the prior surgery.

Hanbyeol was so mad at him for sure, he is too. She wanted him to leave the happiness that he just found. He is doubting about the recording but he decide to shrug it off for the mean time, he need more time to cool down. Hanbyeol won't be there until tomorrow, he'll wait until then. He is a little worried that Sunoo said that he doesn't know where is she but after he reveal that she is back in Busan, he felt a bit relief.

"what will you do now?"

"isn't Hanbyeol is a precious friend of yours?"

"I'm..completely okay if you want a break up"

"I understand"

"I know that I'm not a perfect match too"

Yura rants as she look down on her feet. Sunghoon turn to her and force out a smile, "I'm not breaking up with you, okay? About Hanbyeol...we'll talk,maybe" He utter as he take a hold of the girl hand, rubbing it with his thumbs, assuring that they'll be fine. Sunghoon trust Hanbyeol more than anyone but he is mad at her for the meantime.

"look at me" Sunghoon utter making the girl lift her head to face him and end up surprised as the guy give her a quick peck on her lips. "I love you" He confessed making the younger smile, "but can we take a break?just..a day or two, you can still hit me up if you need me but, I want to be alone for some time.. just two days, I feel like we need it" Sunghoon really love Yura, he didn't want to break their relationship off but he want to focus on himself for sometime.

"you need a break?" She utter before giving him a few nod as a sign of agreement on giving him some time with himself. Sunghoon give her a smile before kissing her on the top of her head before caressing her hair softly as he adore her dark brown eyes. Sunghoon then glance at the time, "you should go back to the clinic, your lunch hour is ending" He say making the girl nod. "then, I'll get going" She reply as she walk away, she didn't seem that disappointed on the break.

Sunghoon sigh before taking another sip of his now cold coffee. If he have to admit something, he can't even sleep tightly last night after knowing that he hurt Hanbyeol feelings, he didn't expect that she will drove all the way back to Busan by herself at night.

Now he feel even worse, "Oh Hanbyeol..I'm sorry.." he mutter under his breath as he sigh again before he walk back into the building, to his office.He have a surgery to conduct at 3 in the evening so he try to not to get overwhelmed by his feelings and problems so he could focus on it and no mistakes will occur.

------------------------------

[ A.Que Apartment | 11:18PM ]

Sunghoon plop himself on his bed after taking a warm bath as he can't fall asleep. He take the small towel and dry his wet hair, slowly, as he couldn't help but thinking about Hanbyeol current condition. "a high fever.." he mumble as he released a sigh before harshly dry his hair.

lost.

that's what he felt today. He feel lost. He feel like something is taken away from him. He feel just like when he lost his parents, the surgery for today went well as he force himself to focus but he feel disconnected from the world. He usually went to Hanbyeol if he felt like this but she is not there, and he caused that loss. He reach for his phone and dial someone phone number, a few rings can be heard before he picked the call up. "hyung, can we meet?" Sunghoon requested.

------------------------------

"what is it?" Goo Jimin. He asked as he take a seat beside Sunghoon, they meet up in a 24-hour convenience store near his house, Goo Jimin live only a few blocks away from Sunghoon's apartment so it's a fair meeting point. "I feel lost..and I don't know where to go. so I called you" Sunghoon answered, looking down on his feet making the older smile. "because of Hanbyeol?" Jimin asked making Sunghoon nod.

"tell me everything, what exactly you feel?" The older questioned making Sunghoon sigh. "I just feel...lost. I feel like I lost another piece of me.. I felt the same way when I lost my parents years ago. I was too shocked and mad at Hanbyeol that night, I feel guilty. But all I want now is.." Sunghoon stop his sentence, "you need her, don't you?" Jimin asked making the younger nod slowly.

"If you break up with your girlfriend, will you feel the same way?" Jimin continue making Sunghoon turn to him in surprise, he's trying to understand the older point. "did you cry at the thoughts of losing Hanbyeol?" He add, but confused as Sunghoon shake his head. "that—that will hurt so much that I couldn't cry, I won't believe that I lose her, I'll be in denial.."Sunghoon reply.

"but you lost her don't you?" Jimin question attack the deepest part of Sunghoon heart that he could feel like it skip a beat, before he actually panicking inside.

did I lost her?

forever?

that's what lingering in his mind, he can't even think of something else, he don't even realize that tears starting to fall from his left eye. A sniff from himself wake him up from the dilemma which make him wipe his tears away. Goo Jimin smirk as he see the guy reaction, they're in love with each other without even realising it. that's what he is thinking.

"now imagine if you break up with your girlfriend. does it feel different?" Jimin asked again. Sunghoon stare into a space and imagine if he and Yura break up, he feel sad, he indeed feel it. but he couldn't imagine him crying at her lost for at least a month long. He will be sad, he will cry on that day, but, if Hanbyeol is there—He will be alright.

if Hanbyeol is there

He will be okay if only Hanbyeol is there. He realize that, If she's there with him, he can go through it easily. Only with her existence in his life. Jimin let out a smile before patting the guy on his back, "you got it right?" Jimin question making Sunghoon sigh.

"now what you have to do is.."

"discover the truth behind her behaviour"

"I believe that Sunoo has his reason to hand Hanbyeol's phone over to you"

"try to find something in it before sending it back tomorrow"

the older suggested making Sunghoon nod. He love Yura but he can feel something is not right in between them, he love Hanbyeol and everything feels right with her. In the end, who'll he ended up choosing? the answers lies behind Hanbyeol's phone.