LXIV

Leah and Max were flying to go to Red Bull's headquarters in the UK. Tilbrook, Milton Keynes. They were going to be revealing a new car that the two of them had put their designs into. They were on a private jet so that they could get there together. The big reveal was going to be later on. They hate a press conference about the car and what they expect for the next season with the rookies. Leah was excited but scared. Now that she was a world champion she's had more haters than ever before.

"Alright," Leah looked over at Max seeing him holding a Red Bull. Leah looked around realizing she didn't have hers. "So," Leah got up quickly and ran toward the doors. "Is she alright?" The man asked. Max shrugged and looked at the doors waiting for her to reappear. When she came back she had her redbull with her.

"Sorry," She laughed and waved at the crowd as she sat back down on the couch.

"You just wanted to match with me," Max sighed and Leah shrugged as she took a drink and set it on the floor next to her.

"Alright, so Leah, you are a world champion now. You were officially given the award last Tuesday at the FIA prize-giving ceremony, how do you feel?"

"I feel amazing, it was an amazing race and I worked hard for the title," She explained. "Max and I are tied now." She added as she leaned over grabbing a sip of her drink.

"Do you think you deserved the award more than the others on the grid?"

"I mean," She let out a long breath. "This is a complex question." She looked over at Max who leaned back putting his arm across the back of the couch. "I don't think I deserved it, per se, I mean I've earned it, after all the hard work my family has put into me and how many hours I've pushed myself to get here."

"So are you saying no one else earned it?"

"No one else won the title by points, so who else would have earned it?" Max asked as he stared at the crowd. Leah smiled at Max as she turned back to the reporter wanting him to continue after that, but he didn't. He stepped back into the line.

"Leah, how are you dealing with the hate from fans?"

"I mean none of it has come for me directly, so I just ignore it I guess," Leah laughed a little at the question. She knew these questions were going to come up. "They are only angry now because I'm doing well. I've had people angry ever since I joined formula one, it's something you get used to pretty fast."

"There have been rumors that you've met two of the three new rookies on the grid, how do you feel about them?"

"Well coming from someone who was recently a rookie like two years ago now," She looked at Max who nodded. "I mean they are a little more shy than I was, but they will fit in great. Logan Sargent I saw on the track and he seems like he will do well against the rest. Without a practice or quali to judge by I have no other opinions. They are great people and I'm excited for them to join us," She put the mic down, but picked it back up. "But if I see anyone trying to hate on them you will have to deal with me after that, they are like my children now. So just know to respect the drivers." Leah pointed at all the reporters. She would have said it as a joke, but she was serious now. Her eyes said everything to her.

"Max, how do you think the improvements on the car will go?"

"So recently we've improved on the DRS since I didn't have it at the Italian grand prix," Leah looked at him. "Well you had it, but my car was horrible," Max explained. "We will see improvements with the tires, acceleration, and the DRS hopefully."

"My car will be fine," Leah leaned over grabbing the pillow and putting it behind her back for more support. The couches weren't the best for sitting for long periods of time.

"Leah," A woman's voice caught her by surprise. It wasn't Amanda though. "Many fans male and female say that you are strongly emotion during races, what do you have to say to that?" Leah furrowed her brows.

"I don't know what you mean, like I get angry, or?" Leah asked her.

"All of it," the woman explained. Leah took a deep breath and looked over at Max.

"I mean I experience a lot of emotions during racing, but if you are referring to me crying when I won the world championship, that was just an exciting day. Unbelievable actually, all my life I've been working for that title and I finally had it," Leah explained. She was waiting for her to ask the question she really wanted.

"Do you," She sighed. "Do you think that your menstruation affects your emotions and driving ability?" The girl asked as she looked back into the crowd. Leah laughed a little and then her smile went away as she took a long sip of her Red Bull. The cameras caught her eyes change as she now glared at the crowd.

"My menstruation doesn't affect my driving ability, that should be clear since I win regularly, and my emotions are more in check than a few of the men on this grid. I'm not usually the confrontational type, sure I say things on the radio, but who doesn't? These are all normal things that happen in formula one and it's inappropriate that you are asking me since I'm a woman. I mean I get it, you wanna know, but this is a waste of my time and my team's time honestly." Leah grabbed her Red Bull and leaned back. She made sure there were several moments of silence before she answered. "I will sit there and answer any actual questions relating to our vehicle, if there aren't any then I will gladly leave and go get myself lunch before we reveal the new car." She glared out at the crowd. Max smiled at her and then looked out at the crowd, as no one said anything. There were hushed whispers, but no one spoke up. "Thank you for wasting my limited time," Leah said as she set the microphone on the couch and stood up. Max pushed himself up and stared at the reporters.

"See how scary she is," He pointed at Leah before he followed her out of the room. She walked into the hospitality room grabbing herself a smoothie. "Are you okay?" He asked. He assumed she would be fuming from their questions. He was angry, but he knew she could handle it.

"I'm okay," Leah smiled as she opened her drink and chugged it. Max watched her with wide eyes as she threw it away and moved toward the door.

"Leah," Max followed after her. She walked outside and put her AirPods in as she tried to block out everything around her. Leah wasn't allowed to do anything. She wasn't allowed to be angry, to be sad, to be happy. Anting she did was wrong. Everyone had a problem with her. Leah unlocked her phone looked past the calendar notification and put on her playlist. Max grabbed her arm as she turned around tears in her eyes. "Leah." He tried to hug her, but she shoved him back.

"I'm sorry," She took a deep breath and looked back down at her phone. Max was so confused. He didn't think he did anything wrong.

"I don't understand," He muttered as he stared at her. Leah took a deep breath and turned on her phone showing him. The notification was to remember to text George Happy 25th birthday. "Oh, Leah," Max muttered as he moved toward her again, but she stepped back.

"Don't mind me, it's just my menstruation right," She laughed a little as she wiped her eyes. "I'm going to go off on my own before we reveal the car, gotta get myself back together for the cameras." Max stuck his hands in his pockets as he nodded.

He was going to have to tell Lando about this. He didn't want to, but Leah didn't talk to anyone but Lando. If she ever did speak to Lando about it. Leah didn't talk about her feelings or struggle a lot. She held them in until she can't anymore and she explodes. Like the time in Singapore when she was sobbing on the floor in her bathroom. She was having a heat stroke, but she still was done with everything.

 She was having a heat stroke, but she still was done with everything