LXXVI

Leah, Lando, Carlos, Max, Yuki, and Lance all walked into the media room and sat on the couch. This time Leah sat beside Lando, she didn't care what they'd told her previously she was tired of sitting on the opposite side of the couches from him. Max was sitting to her right. The two of them both had Red Bulls in their hands.

"Welcome everyone, it's media day here in Miami, we are joined by Carlos Sainz, Yuki Tsunoda, Lance Stroll, Max Verstappen, Leah Guessey, and Lando Norris." The announcer read off the drivers. Leah looked over at Lando who put his arm around the back of the couch as she took a sip of her Red Bull.

"Well I mean your still my wife," Lando smiled at her. She made sure to sit closer to him than anyone else but still gave enough space to where it wasn't inappropriate.

"I know," She leaned her head on his shoulder as she played with the microphone cover.

"Leah, welcome back." She lifted her head seeing a male interviewer. She gave him a faint smile. "We've missed you over the last few races, you were absent from the post-race interviews and post-quali interviews."

"Yep," She nodded and smiled at Lando as he rested his hand on her shoulder kissing her temple. Max stared at the two of them and laughed a little.

"So how do you think this weekend will go? Do any of you expect any major changes in your cars?" Everyone stayed silent so Max decided to take this one.

"I mean we still need to improve on the corners, but we won't be getting those advancements until later on in the season," He laughed a little as he looked at Leah.

"Yeah, but I still wish I could get a radio to you," Leah pointed at him. Max just looked confused. "I want to talk with you when we are far away from everyone else. I get bored and ISabella gets annoyed with me when I say dumb shit."

"What makes you think I want to hear that?" Max chuckled. Leah shrugged.

"Cause, your my teammate so you have to listen to me, but also I just want to make racecar noises when I pass you, I think it would be funny and it's not as funny if I have to tell Isabella to tell you," Leah defended as a few people in the crowd laughed. She pointed at them. "Yes, I know that's childish, but my inner child is living out her dreams so leave me alone. I'm happy."

"No, that would annoy me," Max shook his head.

"I want a radio to you," Lando interrupted and Leah turned as she smiled at him.

"This, see this," She pointed to her and Lando as she stared at Max. "This is why we are married. I just like talking to other people than Isabella, she gets mad at me sometimes for things I say."

"Are they relevant to racing?" Someone asked and Leah just stared out at the crowd.

"I'm not inclined to answer," She laughed and leaned back against Lando as he smiled down at her. The cameras made sure to catch the moments between the couple. When they were in press together they always got more views for formula one.

"Alright, so Miami, circuit, we've all driven on this before? How do we think our cars will perform from last year?"

"I'm going to take this before the winners answer," Lance reasoned. "Our cars have been doing alright this season, we are getting more modifications later on, but for now I think we will comfortably sit in the middle field of the grid."

"Fernando has been a beast lately," Leah laughed as Max nodded.

"So can we expect Red Bull to take another win?"

"I mean we are what four, five races into the 2023 season, how many last years were won by someone other than Leah or myself?" Max asked the man as the two of them laughed.