CXII

Lando returned back to the hotel room late at night. He had been talking with Max about Leah's retirement and why she would keep something like that from him. He left when he was ready to talk to Leah again, but she wasn't there. She didn't think he would be coming back that night and she couldn't sleep alone so she stayed in Cassidy's room. She was already asleep when he texted her asking where she was.

Neither of them had time to meet up that morning because they had to go to get set up for the first free practice of the day. Leah texted Lando back apologizing for not being in the room she assumed he wouldn't be back and she couldn't sleep without him so she went to Cassidy's room.  Leah was waiting for everyone to give her the all-clear to get into her car. She had her helmet and balaclava sitting next to her so she was ready.

"Is that, is that Lando Norris running down the pit lanes?" Ted asked as the cameras zoomed in on the orange guy running past the paddocks.

"One guess on where he is going?" John laughed as Lando ran straight to Leah's paddock moving past the mechanics. Leah smiled when she saw him and hopped off the table. She hugged him close.

"I love you, I will support you no matter what, just next time please tell me," Lando muttered to her. He had his helmet on so Leah could only see his gorgeous eyes. She smiled and nodded.

"I know I'm sorry, I will never ever do that again, I love you so much, but you have to go, I feel like Zak is already screaming your name," Leah laughed as she pressed her forehead to the front of his helmet.

"Good luck today," He told her as he brushed his gloved hand across her cheek before running back out of the paddock. He didn't have to go find her, but he hated that he left her last night. It didn't feel right, so he decided to go see her before the free practice started. He knew he wouldn't race well if he didn't see her before.

"Leah, we are ready for you to get into the car now," Isabella reasoned as she handed Leah her Balaclava and helmet. She smiled and put them on.

"Was that Lando?" Cassidy asked as she came over. Leah laughed a little. "Well, I'm glad you both made up. You were gloomy and it was making me depressed. Now all is right in the world."

"I know I was really upset because I left the hotel room and he came back so it made me feel like shit, but I'm happy now. He's not mad at me," Leah squealed as she zipped up her suit and put her helmet on.

"Get your skinny ass in the car, it's go time," Isabella laughed as she put her visor down. Leah happily walked over to the car and got in. She was signaled for pit entry and drove out careful not to almost drive into other people. She was not going to have a repeat of what happened right before the break. That was ridiculous.

"It feels great to be back," Leah radioed.

"Yeah, well show them how much training you've been doing," Isabella laughed.

"Don't fucking laugh, I trained," Leah reasoned as she went for a flying lap. Leah went a little slower at first. She wanted to get used to the track again.

"That was horrible," Isabella radioed as Leah stopped.

"Shut the fuck up, will you," Leah laughed as she went for another lap. She quickly tapped the radio button. "Max."

"Oh for the love of, what do you need Leah?" Max sighed.

"Someone is less than perky this morning, I just wanted to tell you that if you were to go to jail I would bail you out in a heartbeat," Leah reasoned with him as she went around a corner.

"That's really funny, was that all you radioed me for? We aren't supposed to use this during the free practices," Max told her as he worked on trying to get a faster time figuring out the corners he could break late into the turns he needed to prepare for.