LXVII

"No crashes today Leah, please," Isabella radioed in. It was the first lap of the race. Leah laughed a little bit as she went around 8.

"Perfect timing to say that, no?" Leah smiled as she went around the outside seeing Max come up to her side, but he had to give up and fall back behind her.  "How long do you think I can hold him off for?"

"I bet you eight dollars only two more laps," Isabella radioed.

"I bet you ten dollars it'll be on turn 15," Cassidy chimed in over the radio. Leah just laughed at her friends.

"Wow, thank you both so much for your lack of faith in me, you know what you're going to do with that money Cass, you're going to buy me food after this," Leah reasoned as she kept the lead. She hummed to herself as she went around turn fifteen.

She made sure to leave a gap between her and Max. They were off on their own. The other cars were just behind them for several minutes. So it was Max and Leah battling it out for P1. "Pay the fuck up bitch, I want my food."

"Someone's hangry," Isabella radioed. "So what are we getting?"

"I don't know you decide," Leah reasoned as she watched Max pass her on turn one. "Aw man, seriously I wish I had a radio to Max. I wanna play a game?" Leah sighed as she let him in front of her as they went wheel to wheel on the main straight. She had to back off as he rounded turn two.

----

"Last lap here, Leah is in the lead, do you think Max will overtake her?" John asked.

"Give him an opportunity that's her downfall, although she would get P2, they both are sitting ahead of everyone comfortably, those new advantages to their vehicles really put them ahead of the group by a lot," Ted reasoned as Leah and Max went wheel to wheel until he used his DRS to move around her.

"Max Verstappen taking P1, Leah Guessey P2, and Fernando Alfonso P3, this is a wonderful race," John smiled at the results. Leah sighed as she accepted her fate coming around the last turn she went to make a move, but Max crossed the line first.

"P2 Leah great job," Isabella radioed.

"Let's go!" Leah waved at the crowd as she drove past them. All the fans in the stands waving their signs, flags, and anything else they can throw in the air. "Good job guys, great race today, great job!" Leah parked the car and then got up on her halo bar putting a hand up to where her ear would be through the helmet.

She threw her hands in the air asking for more noise as she did it again and then threw her arms in the air. She jumped down and took off her helmet and balaclava. She walked over to Max and patted his back several times as he got out.

"Well done, Maxie, but I'm still pissed about your last move there, " She pointed at him and he grabbed her finger.

"Well you shouldn't have left it open for me then," He joked with her. She turned around and saw Christian waiting for a hug. She walked over and hugged him.

"Well done today, well done!" He smiled at her. She nodded and moved allowing him time to hug Max. A mechanic smiled at Leah as well.

"Leana!" A voice called. Leah looked around suddenly. She hadn't heard that name in a long long time. "Leana!" Again, it was so familiar to her. Leah saw a girl with curly hair waving at her. She was shorter than Gabby and her hair wasn't tightly curled like Gabby's. It was looser, in Leah's opinion it made her even more beautiful. Leah gently set her helmet down on the ground. Another shorter girl appeared.

"Oh my god," Leah smiled as the two girls took off running at her. She met them halfway, they were being escorted by the track security, and they had VIP passes around their necks.