LXXVII

"It's lights out and away we go!" The cars took off from the starting lineup. Leah was behind Max as they went off.

"Easy race, easy race," Isabella radioed. As the pair of Red Bulls took off from everyone else. Leah was going to make a note to speak with Isabella about the modifications to the car. Red Bull was fast, but not this fast. Leah knew this felt illegal.

The car wasn't performing the best around the corners. Around turn eleven Leah was passed by Fernando and Lewis. She cursed under her breath as she pushed blocking off Charles. She knew she was going to have to get a grip and defend better if she wanted to make a podium. Miami circuit was hard for the car. The main straight is where Leah would make up for her lost ground. She stayed behind Lewis giving just enough space as they went around the track.

"You are awfully quiet," Isabella radioed.

"I know," Leah reasoned as she used her DRS to get around Lewis on the main straight. The crowd was screaming as she completed the overtake, but she couldn't hear them over the wind and adrenaline pumping through her veins.

"Only about four laps into this race and already there are three drivers out. Alpha Tauri has Yuki Tsunoda out, Esteban Ocon, and Logan Sargent. Tsunoda had a collision with the wall around turn seven. Ocon and Sargent pushed one another off the track," John reasoned as Leah, Lewis, and Fernando came on the screen.

"It seems like Guessey, Alonso, and Hamilton are all fighting for second place. Leah goes around the outside giving Alonso almost no space so he is forced to back off as she gets into P3. Now, she just has to overtake Lewis," Ted explained as Leah's name moved up on the position board on their screens.

"Red Bull is having some trouble around the corners in this circuit, other than that they are flying," John reasoned as Max's time gap grew.

"Max is pitting, just as Leah finally guts around Lewis on the straight. The straights are the only places where the cars seem to be able to get enough speed to overtake in a Red Bull. Let's see if she can create a big enough gap to catch back up to her teammate," Ted announced. Red Bull had a fast pit stop as Max was back out in the pit lane. Leah was flying around the corners.

"You are getting a black and white flag, you need to keep this race clean from now on," Isabella radioed in.

"I just wanna," Leah let her words trail off as she overtook Max since he went for an in-lap.

"Leah let him in front of you, your going to lose the spot anyway when you pit with your tires," Isabella reasoned. Leah didn't respond. "Box, box, box." Leah sighed but gave in. She had enough time from her lead from Fernando. She pulled up and her tires were changed as she got the fastest pit stop. She went out again and had to take her time going around the corners. Eventually, she caught back up to Max.

"Hold position," Isabella reasoned.

"Did you just tell me to hold position?" Leah asked.

"Yes," Isabella sighed as she looked at Cassidy. The blonde gave her a smile. Cassidy knew Leah wasn't going to listen to her. Almost immediately after Leah went for an outside overtake on a corner, but had to back off and go for the inside. She got through around turn 9. "I'm yelling at you after this."

"I'm going to ignore you after this," Leah smiled as she prepared for Max to try and overtake her again.

"You are such a little shit, you know that," Isabella laughed as she adjusted her mic.

"So I've been told, not one of my best qualities," Leah smiled as she went around corner one. "How many more laps to go?"

"Eight."