LXXXVII

"Alright everyone, it's going to be an odd start this morning here in Montreal Canada," John started off. The cameras were down or something. "There are no cameras out on the track, so the viewing and everything for the races is stopped. Something with the internet or the streaming platforms are all down, so Fp3 and Quali have been delayed for at least an hour already." The cameras showed the garages where the drivers were out of their cars talking with their mechanics. The cameras showed Leah and Max. The pair sat in chairs and stared at the screens around them. No smiles on either of their faces.

"It seems the Red Bull Teammates are wanting to get everything going, look at the two of them, not a smile in sight," Ted chuckled as Cassidy walked over to Leah and said something to her making her laugh a little. Leah then hit Max and pointed to the camera smiling and winking. Max just gave a small wave before he took a sip of his Red Bull. They'd been waiting for what felt like two hours for the systems to get up once again.

"Alright, do you think you'll be first or second for tomorrow?" Leah asked. She'd been bored and staring at the monitors made her feel like an iPad kid.

"I will get first, you will get second, and I don't know about third," Max shrugged. Leah reached her hand forward.

"You promise?" She asked with a smirk as Max shook her head.

"Hey, you two, we need you back at your cars," Isabella called as she covered the mic from her headset. Leah patted Max's shoulders as she walked past him to her section of the paddock. She grabbed her balaclava and helmet and put them on. Cassidy zipped up her suit as she slid her gloves on.

"I need to talk to you after this," Cassidy told her as she grabbed Leah's water bottle from her hands.

"Is everything alright?" Leah asked as she slid into the seat. She wrapped her hands around the halo bar pulling herself further into the car making sure she was sitting deep enough.

"Yeah, yeah," Cassidy gave her a smile as she tapped her helmet. All of a sudden Isabella was in her face.

"There is an issue," Isabella spoke fast. "Your radio is broken, I've been trying to call you for the last three minutes to do a radio check, but I can't get anything. Can you hear me at all?"

"Uh, I don't know I didn't have anything on but try again," Leah asked as Isabella walked off. Leah was signaled to move forward.

"You read me?" Isabella asked. Leah gave a thumbs-up as she moved forward.

"Do you read me?" She asked as she went out into the pit lane making sure she doesn't go over the speed limit. There was no response.

"So this is going to be a fun session," Isabella sighed. "At least you can hear me, give me a click if you think you will be able to drive like this?" Leah gave her a click as she went around the track for her out lap. Her tires weren't warm enough and she could feel it.

"Well this is going to be the greatest race in the whole world, damn it, I can't even have a conversation with anyone right now," Leah sighed.

"Leah you've got Max coming up behind you on his flying lap so be aware, move to the left so you don't impede," Isabella explained.

"It seems like there might be some radio problems with Guessey's car, she hasn't said anything coherent. Walsh keeps trying to communicate with her, but it's just radio static," John reasoned as they watch Lance Stroll clip the wall.

"Have you gotten any response from Leah?" Christian asked.

"Yellow flags waved, Stroll went into the wall around turn 4," Isabella radioed in. "I can't anything from her, but she gets my messages." Christian nodded as he put his mic back up and walked back out of the paddock.