LXXI

"How are you this fine morning, Leah?" Isabella radioed in. Leah sat in her car. She was trying to decide how she wanted to take on the day. Happy or pissed off.

"If you are taking this long, it's because you are deciding whether to be happy or pissed off, I say you should be happy," Cassidy radioed in. "I just want you to know, either way, you will be singing during this race." Leah laughed a little as the lights went out. Leah was penalized during the quali for exceeding track limits. It wasn't anything bad. Just two positions, she was sitting in P4, next to Carlos. She waved at him before the lights went off.

"Okay, I take it we are being nice today," Isabella radioed in. Leah was silent as they went off around turn four and five. On the Australian track, the worst corners to make were the 3,4,7,13, and 14th.

"So did I tell you that Elizabeth, has been listening to Taylor Swift recently?" Cassidy radioed in. Leah thought it was funny how they were trying to put her in a better mood.

"Oh really?" She smiled as she gave Charles room as he almost shoved her off the track. "Someone tell Charles if he doesn't give me room on the next turn I'm letting him run himself off the track. With Love from Leah." She sighed as she used her DRS to overtake Fernando. This season Leah figured Fernando was going to be an issue. Aston Martin was stepping up their game. Their car was faster and Fernando wasn't letting that slide he was going to make sure he got the positions he deserves. "What kind of songs was she listening to?"

"Well it started when I was watching Lando's stream, the day you made the cake, yeah London Boy, she really liked that one and it's just been going since," Cassidy explained. Leah smiled.

"That is my niece, wait til I introduce her to Cardi B or Megan The Stallion," Leah laughed as Cassidy gasped a little.

"This is why you don't get time with Alejandro anymore," Isabella reasoned.

"No, that is because he only likes Lando, but my girl Ellie loves me," Leah laughed as she overtook Fernando finally. Allowing herself to speed up after the last turn. "How far to Max?"

"Gap is 4.019 seconds," Isabella reasoned. Leah pursed her lips and started to accelerate to close the gap. She breaks later into the corners causing her to go farther out. That's why she doesn't normally do that unless she is on her own. Like now.

"So you and Max, are you just lone wolves," Cassidy radioed.

"Well he won the last two races and if I'm going for a second world title I need a few more wins," Leah explained as she started humming to herself. "Wanna hear something funny?"

"As long as it's not a pick-up line, dad joke, or a knock-knock joke, sure," Isabella listed off what she didn't wanna hear. Leah laughed a little.

"When have I ever told you a pickup line or a dad joke?" She asked.

"I don't know, what did you wanna say?" Isabella radioed.

"Shit, I forgot, sorry," Leah held the steering wheel in place as she went around turn eight fast.

"Slow your roll girl, you might lock your breaks if you keep doing that," Isabella warned her.

"Leah Guessey is closing the gap to her teammate, Fernando Alonso and Charles Leclerc are fighting for third position. Leah is cruising by herself. She and Max have been doing that a lot lately," Magnussen's radio appeared on the screen as John started talking.

"Flag, flag," He sighed.

"Magnussen has crashed into the wall, let's watch the replay of what happened," Ted explained. On the monitor, it was a video of him clipping the wall with his tire and breaking the rubber. He was sitting in the gravel near turn 6.