CXIV

Everyone was getting ready for the driver's parade. They weren't riding on the bus this time, they were going in their individual team cars. So Leah and Max were riding together.

"I'm kind of sad your sister isn't here today, I loved her," Leah reasoned as she sat down near the back seat so she could see everyone.

"I know, my father was quite annoyed that she kept bringing you up," Max laughed. Leah just shrugged as she waved a few fans standing near the fences.

"Yeah, well she knows which one of us is the better one," Leah muttered as Max laughed.

"Don't you start with that, I will kick you off," He pointed behind them. Leah just rolled her eyes and continued waving. "You see all those orange people out there, those are the Dutch army, see how many of them there are."

"Those are papaya fans actually, they are ready to watch Lando win," Leah smirked at him as he shook his head. He realized that he wouldn't win if he tried to argue with her. "I'm ready to race, I can feel it in my legs." Leah wiggled her legs.

"Yeah, I can tell but we have a while, we have to get through the Dutch anthem and then get everything set up," He smiled. "You know you are going to hear the Dutch anthem twice today right?"

"I'm not just going to let you win, I'm not just going to let you by because you are Max Verstappen in a Red Bull, I'm here to win, I'm here to put up a fight." Leah mocked. "I think George said something like that in an interview, along those lines of some bullshit, but I'm intending on taking this win from you Max, just so you know. One way or another. You've got Lando and me to defend against."

"I wish you both luck," Max muttered as he waved at his fans. Once they were finished with the driver's parade they all stood in line waiting for the Dutch national anthem.

"I could sing this if I wanted, I've heard it so much," Leah whispered to Max as he took off his hat. He just gave her a smile and then looked at the camera squinting since the sun was in his eyes. This one wasn't as bad as the race in Spa. Leah didn't have to fight away her laughter. She reached forward taking off the little girl's hat though. The little girl smiled when she realized it was Leah. She went to say something but Leah put a finger to her lips telling the girl to be quiet as she smiled. The little girl stood close to Leah so she rested her hands on either side of the girl's shoulders.

Once the anthem was over the girl grabbed Leah's hand and hugged her. Leah just laughed and hugged the girl back as the cameras quickly found them. Leah put the hat back onto the girl's head.

"What's your name, love?" Leah asked as she knelt down beside the girl.

"Macy," She smiled, she was missing a few teeth. "I am your biggest fan."

"I can see that," Leah smiled as she spoke to the girl. Everyone around them was moving trying to get off the track so they could start getting everything going. "Would you like to walk to my paddock with me or do you have somewhere to be Macy?"

"Please!" Macy smiled as she gripped Leah's hand with both of her small ones. Leah smiled and walked with the little girl through the crowds making sure she wouldn't get pushed or bumped into. For some reason, Leah saw herself in the young girl as she weaved through the people. When they got to her paddock Eric and Philip were already there staring between Leah and the little girl almost disappointed.

"Her name is Macy," Leah smiled as she waved at the two men in front of her. "Would you like some autographic merchandise, Macy?" Leah asked as she guided her through the paddock to Leah's driver's room with the door open.

"Is this Pippin?" Macy asked as she gently petted the sleeping cat's head. Leah nodded as she was given one of her small helmets, a hat, and a kids-size shirt. "He sleeps a lot, do you bring him with you most of the time?"