XCVI

Last night Leah had to sneak away from his family dinner to go meet the doctors. She felt bad because Lando's family seemed too unhappy that she was leaving and she didn't want to lie to them, but if something came up. They would ask and she would have to tell them. Leah came back after the visit and was upset, but she hid it well. From almost everyone. She was happy for Lando and happy he was with his family, but it reminded her of how she didn't have this. This was his family. They could divorce and they would all forget about her, but she doubted that would happen. She loved Lando so much. Too much.

In the morning the married pair met up with Ria, Max, and Petra for breakfast before the race this morning. She had gotten a call from Christian, but let it go to voicemail. She was going to deal with him at the track. she didn't want to ruin her good mood. She had an amazing night with Lando and a great morning. She had a race today. She was starting in P5 between the Ferraris, but she would be able to get past hopefully. It was going to be a good race.

After their early breakfast with the three Lando drove them to the track. He had his hand on Leah's thigh like always. Once they arrived Leah's bodyguards were by her. They always were outside of the paddock and outside security gates.

"Good morning," Leah smiled at them.

"good morning Mrs. Norris," Eric grumbled. They were big dudes as well, so it made Leah laugh a  bit when they spoke. Lando interlaced his fingers with hers as he pulled her toward security holding out his badge.

"Does this mean you protect me as well?" Lando joked with them. Philip gave him a smile as they walked through security. "I will take that as a yes." Pippin gave a small meow from inside his small carried. Leah had gotten him a little British flag bandana to wear around his neck, but he didn't like it. He had a small American flag collar though, Lando didn't approve, so she bought him the bandana.

"Yes, Pip I agree," Leah smiled at Lando as he rolled his eyes.

"What did he say?" Lando played along like she could really understand him. He kissed her temple and wrapped his arm around her shoulders pulling her closer to him.

"He says that you don't need a bodyguard," Leah smiled and wrapped her arm around his waist as they walked together Philip and Eric walking behind them.

"Alright, you wanna take him today?" Lando asked as he broke away from her. They were at his hospitality. Leah nodded and kissed him once before pulling away, but Lando yanked her back by her belt loop making her laugh.

"Not yet," He kissed her again. His hand slid along her jaw until it tangled in her hair. She leaned back and bit his lip a little before remembering that they were in public. She leaned back and felt her cheeks heat up.

"We are in public, Lan," She smiled and tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Yeah and you are my wife, so what," He smiled and kissed her cheek once more. "I love you, Lee."

"I love you, always Lan," She told him as she squeezed his arm a little as she moved away from him. She slowly made her way toward Red Bull. She didn't want to go in because she knew that Christian was going to argue with her about her decision, but as of right now, she had made up her mind.

She didn't have time to run away because the door opened and Christian waved her in. She let out a long sigh and looked back at Pippin through the clear plastic.

"We're in trouble now," She sighed and walked up into the hospitality. through the building and into her private room. She unloaded her bags and Pippin allowed him to roam free as the door opened. "You might wanna lock that." Leah sighed as she unzipped her bag tossing her clothes around.