LXXXV

When they arrived home Leah wanted to immediately go to Max's house, but Lando wouldn't let her.

"It's gotta be an animal, right? I mean why else would it need to be at Max's house?" Leah reasoned as she brought their thing back into their room.

"Stop thinking so hard," Lando chuckled as he started to unpack his bag, but Leah just stared at him.

"Please don't unpack, I'm dying here, we must go see!" She cheered as he laughed at her reclosing his suitcase.

"Either you unpack now or you have to do it before we go to bed, which I don't think you'll want to," He reasoned as he unzipped her bag next. She pouted but stepped up as she started to quickly unpack. Lando was taking his time trying to make sure that Max was able to get home and resituate things for them to get there. Leah was done way before Lando so she decided to get on TikTok and scroll through her feed. It was filled with random TikTok challenges and then videos of Lando. It didn't matter if they didn't have any likes, if she liked the video, she was saving it. She wasn't picky when it came to videos of Lando on her feed.

"Okay," Lando sighed as he slid his empty suitcase under their bed. Leah shot up and slid her phone into her pocket as she clasped her hands together. She was trying to act calm, but she was extremely excited to see what he'd gotten for her.

"So does this mean e get to go?" She asked giving him a small smile. Lando grabbed the keys off the bedside table and she clapped her hands as she ran for the door. Lando laughed as he walked out of their house. Leah was already waiting next to his Audi. Mclaren had just gotten it for him, although he still liked his fiat. "You really walk so slow, you want me to be tortured," She narrowed her eyes at him as he walked to her door side and then unlocked the car opening the door for her. She laughed and got in. She was excited. The most excited she'd been in a while. Lando was anxious though, he hoped she would like the surprise. They'd talked about it once or twice over the last few months, but he thought this surprise might bring both of them some joy after the recent news.

Leah was fidgeting with her ring until Lando took her hand in his trying to calm her down. He didn't know if she was anxious or excited or both. She just gave him a big smile and then kissed the back of his hand as she started to mess with his thumb ring. When they pulled up to Max's building. Leah got out before Lando had the car in park. She ran ahead of him not waiting. Lando let her go, he'd made her wait long enough and Max had given him a thumbs up telling him they were good to come over. Leah didn't even knock as she walked into his house she started running around looking for anything that looked new.

"Leah,  running around my home is not going to help you find it," Max laughed as he watched her run down the hall past his gaming room. He was adding the trophy to his wall as he walked out.

"Lee is here!" P yelled as she ran out of her room Sassy and Jimmy following after her.

"I am!" Leah smiled as she quickly scooped the little girl up into her arms. "IS there something here, that's for me?" Leah whispered to her as the little girl giggled and covered her face.

"He made me pinky promise," P smiled at her. Leah just groaned and tickled the little girl as she wiggled out of her arms. "Come, come," She grabbed her pinky and led her down the hallway.

"P!" Max laughed as he watched Leah get led to the spare room where her surprise was sleeping. Penelope yanked the blanket off the small bed showing Leah the small orange kitten.

"He's so small," P laughed as she gently petted his head. The kitten's eyes opened as Leah scooped him up in her hands.

"He can fit in my hands," Leah whispered to the little girl as the kitten slowly woke up.