CXIII

Leah and Max went to visit Daniel the morning before Quali. They wanted to check on him and see how he was doing with everything. Max and Leah went to see him after they finished the practices before Leah went out to dinner with Lando.

"How long did they say you would be out again?" Leah asked. She had a marker in her pocket and was waiting to ask him if she could sign it. She didn't know if that was only an American thing, but she wanted to.

"I'm out for this race and will most likely be out for the next few as well," Daniel sighed as he saw Leah pull a marker from her jacket pocket. "I knew you were going to do that." He laughed as she moved closer.

"Wait, what about me?" Max added as he pulled his marker up as well making Daniel laugh harder.

"What the hell," He allowed Leah to sign it first.

"I will be mindful of the space, so that Max can sign as well, but we all know we're your favorite people," Leah smiled as she wrote her name and then drew hearts and a little creature.

"What the fuck is that?" Max laughed as he pointed at her horrible sketch.

"His name is Bob, leave him alone, it's his get well soon monster, you will see the monster and then say bye to it until you get better. He's your company," Leah smiled as she caped her marker and put it back into her pockets. Max signed his name big on the inside of the cast.

'Just so you always have me," Max winked at Daniel who gave him a hug.

"You both better get going," Daniel pulled Leah into a hug. "Quali will start soon."

"Alright, alright, but you've got us both to call if you wanna talk," Leah patted his shoulder before walking out into the rain with Max by her side. They went back to their paddocks and got ready. Leah ran over to his side of the paddock and did their little head taps as she moved back over.

"That was extra," Isabella radioed as Leah got into her car.

"Yeah, yeah, shush," Leah laughed. She was moved out of the pit lanes and got in front of a Ferrari as they both went out onto the track for their out laps.

"Alright Q1 Leah, let's do our best here alright. The track is slick, but we can't switch you over just yet," Isabella radioed.

"Got it," Leah added as she went for a flying lap. She was doing good, she remembered yesterday which corners she needed to be wary of.

"We've got red flags going up, Sargent has crashed into the gravel," Isabella radioed.

"I've only gotten maybe a few laps in, are we serious?" Leah laughed a little as she went back toward the pit entry and got to her pit lane.

"Yeah, I know, they just need to remove his car from there," Isabella added. "We are changing you to slicks."

"Is anyone else?" Leah asked.

"Max, Mclaren, Mercedes, Williams," Isabella explained. Leah sat as she waited. "Radio with Lando he's apparently sleeping." Leah laughed and clicked the radio button.

"Hey there sleepy head," Leah smiled.

"How did you know I was sleeping?" Lando grumbled as he looked at the cameras pointing at him.

"Isabella told me you were sleeping on the big screen. Is this race too boring for you?" Leah teased.

"No," Lando laughed. "I just didn't get much sleep last night." Leah laughed.

"Well, whose fault is that, 'cause I know it isn't mine," Leah reasoned as she adjusted the straps on her gloves.

"Leah, they are using up the rest of the time for Q1, we are moving on to Q2. Those still in are Leclerc, Albon, Norris, Sainz, You, Russel, Hamilton, Verstappen, Piastri, Alonso, Stroll, Gasly, Sargent, Tsunoda, and Hulkenburg. Those who are out are Guanyu, Ocon, Magnussen, Bottas, and Lawson." Isabella radioed.