LXXIV

"Leah you've been awfully quiet today," Isabella radioed. It was Q3 in Azerbaijan. Leah wanted to get pole position, but Lewis and Max were making her life hard.

"Do you ever think like animals look at us humans and just think like what the fuck are they doing? Like how we do with them when they do something that an animal would do? Like what is they look at us and see us like doing something and they think to themselves what the hell are these creatures doing?" Leah asked. She'd been thinking about that ever since she saw a groundhog near the side of the track.

"Okay, never mind, stay silent again," Isabella radioed.

"Copy that," Leah laughed as she went around another corner. She was trying her best to go faster and faster, but every time Isabella would tell her she was P1, she would notify her she was P2, and then P3 again. "Lando still P9?"

"P7, you are P1, scratch that P2, Lewis just got the fastest lap. Two minutes remaining," Isabella radioed. Leah saw little water droplets on her visor.  She waited a bit trying to decipher if it was sweat or actual rain. She was not going to pull a George.

"It is raining," Isabella told her.

"Thank you," Leah told her as the flags were waved. The end of Quali for Baku. Leah was disappointed with herself. "What did I get?"

"P3, Max P1, and Lewis P2, great job," Isabella reasoned. Leah nodded to herself as she pulled herself out of her car and waved at the cameras. Not many people were out now if they didn't have an umbrella. Cassidy came over and covered Leah, but she shook her hand.

"Oh come on, you're going to have a cold," Cassidy sighed as she watched Leah take off her helmet and stepped out from under the umbrella, and smiled up at the sky.

"You know I love the rain," Leah reasoned as she walked back toward the umbrella.

"Are you going to interviews today?" Cassidy asked as she walked with her back to the paddock. "I think you should at least go to one." Leah shook her head.

"Just have Amanda find me or if you want me to give the interviewer a piece of my mind send any man my way," Leah encouraged as she ran from the umbrella.

"Leah!" Cassidy yelled as she chased after her. "I swear to god if you get sick I don't want to hear one word from you!" Leah ran into her paddock and shimmied past people as she changed quickly out of her suit. Although she didn't put on new clothes cause she wanted to dance in the rain. Cassidy swung the door open and closed it quickly when she realized Leah was changing. "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna go dance in the rain, wanna come?" Leah asked as she gave her a big smile.

"Leah, they are going to call you a hippie or a child and you are going to get sick so no," Cassidy shook her head. Leah shrugged and pulled on her hoodie as she rushed for the door. "You are a grown child!" Cassidy yelled after her. Leah laughed as she ran through a few people.

"Leah, where are you doing?" Christian asked as she giggled and ran out into the ran. She spun in a circle and he saw her bare feet. "Leah, where are your shoes?!" He yelled out to her, but the rain was too heavy. All she could hear was it hitting the pavement as she smiled up at the sky.

"What is she doing?" Max asked as he looked out at his teammate. "Is she on drugs?" He laughed. Cassidy came out of Leah's changing room.

"She doesn't have shoes on," Christian told her. Cassidy nodded and held up the shoes she had just grabbed for Leah.

"Yep, got it," Cassidy sighed as she put the umbrella up and ran after Leah as she ran away from Cassidy. She was really running to Mclaren's hospitality since she wanted Lando to dance with her in the ran. A few people passing gave her concerned looks because it did look like Leah was on something, but she was just happy in the rain.