LXXX

Max had flown to Monaco for the races this weekend. Lando and Leah told him he could stay at their house. It was only fair since Lando had done the same millions of times when he went to visit Max. Leah was helping Petra put her bags into their guest room. While Lando showed Max around the house. This was their first time seeing their house since they moved. Leah was getting ready to go for a run and then start simulations. She has gotten into trouble recently about not training enough and she needed to get back into her habits. She had let loose a little, instead of the always intense sessions she was on when her mom was alive.

"Leah, are you sure you need to run?" Lando asked as he came down the stairs. Max behind him with a smile. Leah nodded and put one of her AirPods in.

"Yeah, I won't be long," Leah smiled and kissed him before giving Petra and Max hugs.

"Be safe," Petra told her as Leah waved and joked out of the door. Immediately Petra looked at Lando.

"How is she doing?" Petra asked as she sat down at the kitchen table. Lando nodded.

"I think she's doing alright, it's hard to tell sometimes," Lando gripped the edge of the counter and pushed himself back as he looked at his best friend.

"And how are you?" Max asked. Lando shrugged as he crossed his arms.

"I'm good," He nodded. Max sighed and looked over to Petra. She nodded and gestured toward the hallway.

"I forgot to unpack a few things, so I'm just gonna," She smiled and left the boys in the kitchen. Max looked at Lando again.

"Wanna try that again, mate?" Max walked around the other side of the island. Lando gave him a small smile.

"Nah, I really have nothing to complain about, we are happy," He told him. Max narrowed his eyes at his best friend. "I swear Max, I swear, we are happy. I am extremely happy," Lando laughed a little as he looked back into the living room. "I was actually thinking about maybe getting a dog or a cat."

"And you are not even remotely thinking about kids, right now?" Max asked as he stared at Lando. He shook his head. Of course, Lando wanted kids, but it wasn't the right time. They had time. Leah was in the highlight of her career and they both were going to get back into their routines. Their hard extensive workouts, training sessions, and schedules. They've been on them, but not at the intensity that they were. It was their honeymoon phase. That's what Leah called it.

"No, you know where we stand," Lando laughed a little. "Plus we have Alejandro who loves me and Elizabeth who loves Leah. We are set with kids for now. If anything I want a pet. That would be easier for us to take care of, also it wouldn't put Leah out of Formula One for a season or two." Lando pointed at Max who held up his hands.

"I wasn't suggesting that I was just asking how you were doing, you've been sending me a few too many baby TikToks recently, so I wanted to make sure you were doing alright," Max chuckled as he adjusted his hat.

"Oh yeah, Leah sent those to me and I thought they were sweet, so I'd sent a few to you, she's the one that sends them all to me," Lando laughed and then stared at Max. "Do you think she's pregnant? I that why she's sending me all the TikToks?" Max laughed and shook his head.

"I doubt if she knew she would still be racing," Max explained. "She likes racing, but she would love her own kid more than that."

"your right, your right," Lando nodded as he cracked his knuckles.

"you got excited there for a moment though, are you sure you don't want any kids for a good while?" Max laughed at him. Lando shook his head.

"No, me and Leah talk about it enough to know where we both stand. It's not the right time, I'm not saying wouldn't be ecstatic if she was, but it's not the right time for us," Lando said again as Max nodded along with him. As they both finished their little talk Petra came back into the kitchen and sat next to Max as they started talking about what to expect for this weekend. Petra and Max were getting paddock passes from Mclaren.