XCVIII

Cassidy was helping put a mic on Leah's polo. They were supposed to be filming a teammates video today, but it was really just going to be a video with Leah and Max biking around the track together.

"Max, is this our first date?" Leah gasped as she smiled at him.

"Don't start that shit," He shook his head and grabbed his bike off the grass. "Are you done yet, I'm ready to go."

"Ride off into the sunset by yourself them dutchie," Leah laughed a little as she picked up her bike and smiled down at her ring. Sometimes she forgot that she had it still since she wore her father's ring around her neck. Leah grabbed her bike from the grass and got on as she took off ringing her bell as she passed.

"On your left!" She laughed.

"Thanks," Max sighed as he started peddling as well.

"Wait did you not get the reference?" Leah asked as she slowed down a bit so they could be side by side.

"I don't think so," Max shook his head as he stood up on the peddles letting the bike go for a few feet.

"Marvel? Captain America?" Leah asked almost concerned that he didn't know who these people were.

"Captain America, are you kidding?" He laughed at her.

"I'm dropping the Marvel movies off at your house next week, you are going to watch them with Kelly as a date night, I can watch Penelope," Leah offered as she shook her head. "I can't believe you've ever watched those."

"I would, but I have family coming to visit me actually, so you will have to postpone those plans," Max reasoned. Leah sighed as they went around one of the corners. She leaned a little too far and felt the bike go as she fell.

"Oh shit!" She tried to jump from it, but her foot was tangled up in the bike peddles.

"Leah!" Max yelled as he stopped and then laughed a little as Leah lay on the ground. "Leah?" She rolled onto her back and sighed.

"I just need a moment," She held up a finger as he knelt down beside her.

"Leah!" Cassidy yelled from a few yards back. "Leah!?" Max slowly helped Leah up as she smiled and rubbed her elbow.

"I threw my arm into the ground," She pouted and then fake cried for a moment.

"She's good Cassidy!" Max yelled back to her manager who looked like she was about to throw up. "She's alright, you don't have to run all the way down here!" Max laughed a little as Cassidy hesitated. Leah stood up and dusted off her shorts.

"Damn," Leah sighed as she smiled at Cassidy giving her a thumbs up. "I'm good! I'm good! I threw my arm down first!" She rubbed her elbow and laughed. Max just shook his head as he picked up her bike.

"So I'm gonna let you ride forward so that when you do turns you don't have to make them sharp," Max laughed as he helped her back onto the bike.

"Ow, that really hurt my fucking elbow," She rubbed it and then started riding again. "I don't like that you are behind me though, I want you to be beside me." She pointed to the space beside her as Max got onto his bike as well.

"Okay, but you have to go on the outside so you can take your turns wide," Max reasoned as he pushed on the peddles going around the corner. "Don't you have a motorbike?"

"Um, I think so, just a motorbike is different, I would kill at motorbike, but bicycling is a different level, I didn't have a father to teach me how to ride a bike, so turning is difficult for me. When I first learned it consisted of my brothers screaming at me and then telling me everything that's wrong so they could make fun of me. I had training wheels til I was fifteen and I still can't ride a bike," Leah smiled as she turned a corner correctly this time.