Chapter 9

Tessa

A new year. A new beginning. I hope the new year will bring a lot of good things in my life.

After a week of being apart, I will finally see Hardin. He spent the New Year in London with his mother and we were apart for almost two weeks. I missed him and I can't wait to see him.

Also today, I will finally met my mother's boyfriend and his son.

But first, I have to attend class. Where I will see my boyfriend. I get inside the room and I see him in the front with a woman. And she stays too close to him. I walk to my usual spot and he doesn't even sees me. Great!

"It was nice to see you, Julia."

"I can say the same." She kisses his cheek. "See you soon, babe." She says and she leaves. Babe? What the fuck is happening! In that moment he sees me and I avoid his look.

My classmates starts to arrive and we can't talk.

After the class is done, I can see him looking at me and I quickly storm out of the room. I go to my car and when I get inside, I check my phone. I have a text from Hardin: "Hey. Are you alright? You stormed out without saying anything. If it's about Jules, this is not what do you think."

I'm really angry at him, so I sent him a text: "I don't want to talk about this. I don't have time or patience to talk about your exes." And the answer comes quickly.

"Are you made at me?"

"I am really mad at you."

"I want to explain. Are you still coming to my place this weekend?"

"No. Goodbye, Hardin."

An with that, I ignore all his texts. I don't have time to deal with this man. Today, my mother's boyfriend and his son are coming to dinner. And of course I'm planning to make Hardin jealous. I will wear a sexy dress, but not too sexy. I want to be sexy and decent in the same time.

As I arrive home, I take a quick shower and I start to get ready for dinner. I had classes until 4pm, and at 6pm, our guests will be here. How I'm going to make him jealous? I'll sent him a picture by mistake. I'm sure he will freak out, but that's what I want. When I'm done, I take a picture and I sent it to him with a nice message, as if I wanted to send it to my friend. *The picture with Tess's outfit is at media*"Hi girl. Is this too much for dinner with my mom and her boyfriend?" And soon after that, I have his answer. "Tess? What the fuck?"

"Oops, Hardin... I'm sorry, I wanted to send it to Nora. It would be nice if you would delete it. Bye!"

"Don't tell me you are going to wear that..."

"Since when it's your business about what I wear?"

"Since I am your boyfriend."

"You are not my boyfriend anymore. I gotta go. Bye, bye!"

"I'm coming there. You wait me outside or I will get inside. And I'm not joking. I don't fucking care about your mother will say."

Shit. He's fucking serious. I know he's coming here. Well, it looks like I'm going to meet my mother's boyfriend next time. I quickly change my clothes and I pack a bag with some underwear and clothes. I have to make up an excuse about why I can't stay for dinner. After 30 minutes, I hear a car outside and I know Hardin is here. I quickly run downstairs to announce my mother that I'm leaving.

"Mom, I'm really sorry. But I can't stay for dinner. I have to go to Nora's place. She's not feeling well and I have to go to take care of her."

"She doesn't have parents? Boyfriend?"

"Her parents are in a cruise and no, she doesn't have a boyfriend." Liar.

"And she's more important than me?"

"Mom... I can't let her. She needs me. I'm really sorry. Please, don't be mad at me. But I can't let her down. Say sorry to your boyfriend for me. Bye, bye!" I say and I get out exactly in time for when I see Hardin walking to the door. "Go back to your car, quickly. Before someone sees you!" He gets inside the car and I quickly walk there and I get inside. He's really mad at me and he doesn't look at me, but he drives away. "You're not going to say anything?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"Anything."

"I'll say a lot when we arrive at my place."

"Alright."

After 25 minutes, we arrive at his place and I see him locking the door.

"What was your plan, Tess?"

"My plan? What are you talking about?" I walk to him.

"I know very well that you sent that picture on purpose."

"No, I didn't."

"Let's be serious, Tess. You were jealous this morning when you saw me with Jules."

"I'm not jealous."

"Yes, you are. She's just a friend."

"And you let your girl friends to hug you, am I right? And especially, you let them call you babe?"

"I can explain."

"I don't want to hear how you used to fuck her."

"But let me explain."

"Okay." I sigh and we sit on the couch.

"So... Jules was my ex. We have a past together. It's really bad and I don't want to put my bad past in you mind."

"I want to know everything."

"But you have to promise me you won't leave."

"I can't promise anything. You cheated."

"Fuck! I didn't cheat! A hug doesn't mean cheating."

"Now, explain."

"So... As I said, she's my ex. We were together since 11th grade in high school. And our relationship continued after this, in college. I loved her, I'm honest. We were happy, she was making me happy. And this was until we discovered how you feel with drugs... First year of college. We both were high and we... we had unprotected sex. And that night... She got pregnant."

"Oh my! You... you have a kid?" I say with tears in my eyes. If it's true... I have to disappear from his life.

"Let me finish, please."

"Stop. No. I don't want to let you finish." I get up angrily. "We're over. Forget about me, Hardin."

"Tess... I swear, if you leave now..." He's angry too. "We are done forever!"

"Perfect!" I yell, I take my bag and I go to the door. As I open it, I see Trevor. Perfect! He was the one missing.

"Tessa?"

"Fuck off!" I say and I leave.

You Broke Me FirstOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara