Chapter 40

Hardin

Fuck. It's too early to meet our baby girl. I just hope it's a false alarm and she won't come earlier in our lives.

My way back home was the longest time ever. After I park the car, I run to our apartment. As I get inside, I go in our bedroom where I find Tessa breathing as she learn at the prenatal course.

"I'm here, love." I sit on my knees in front of her and I take her hand. "It hurts?"

"Not that bad for now."

"I called Dr. Deluca on my way and she's waiting for us at the hospital."

"It's just a false alarm, right?" I don't answer. "Right, Hardin?"

"We're going to the hospital and she's going to tell us what's happening, okay? Don't be scared." I kiss her forehead as I help her to get up.

In less than 20 minutes, we arrive at the hospital. Tessa is really scared, but I'm sure everything will be fine. A nurse takes us to our room and we wait doctor Deluca.

"Baby, everything will be fine with our baby girl." I wipe her tears.

"What if she's not going to survive?"

"Oh, stupid girl... She will survive. She will be fine. She will be born prematurely." I kiss her forehead as doctor Deluca comes in.

Dr. Deluca: "How's my favorite patient?" She's smiling. It's a good sign, right?"

Hardin: "She's afraid that the baby won't survive."

Dr. Deluca: "Oh... Tessa, don't be afraid. Your baby is healthy and if she's coming now, I will give you some injection with a substance that helps the baby's lungs to mature and maybe she will needs a few days in the ICU. You don't have to worry, no matter what, your baby girl will be alright."

Tessa: "Are you sure?"

Dr. Deluca: "I'm more than sure. I had cases like you and every time, the baby was fine. Now, let me check you okay?"

Tessa: "Okay."

Dr. Deluca: "Hardin, I have to ask you to wait outside. It won't take too long."

Hardin: "Alright. I love you." I kiss her forehead and I get out of the room. I take my phone from my pocket and I call Christian. I need some support right now.

Phone call

"I don't fucking care where you are right now or what you're doing. You will cancel all your meeting, all your sex breaks with Ana and you two will move your asses at the hospital. I think the baby's coming!"

"What?"

"I am scared as fuck and I need you two here. Now!"

"Okay, man. Stay calm. Your fiancée is giving birth not you."

"Stop talking and come here."

"See you soon."

After another ten minutes, dr. Deluca comes out of Tessa's room.

"How is she, doctor? She's giving birth today? Are we going to meet our baby girl today?"

"Yes. Some nurses will come to monitor her."

"She's still scared?"

"She's feeling better. I told her she has no reason to worry. Tessa and your baby will be fine. If you are panicked, don't go to see her right now. I'll come later to see her."

"Okay. Thank you."

I stay for another few minutes to calm down, then I walk in her room with a smile on my face.