Chapter 14

Tessa

Saturday night...

I'm ready for dinner with my mother's boyfriend and his sons. I really hope they won't be some kids and they won't make troubles around. I hear my mother calling for me and I know they are here. I walk downstairs and when I see who's there, I quickly run back to my room, locking the door after me. I think I'm having a panic attack.

"Tessa? I'm sorry for her behavior. I think she's tired."

"May I go upstairs to see what's wrong with her? We're friends."

"Yeah, sure. Her room is on the second door to he left."

"Thank you." He goes upstairs. "Theresa. Where are you?" He knocks at the door and he tries the handle.

What the fuck is he doing here? What does he wants from me?

"Will you open the door for me, darling?"

I quickly check my phone, wanting to call Hardin, but I have a text from him.

"I think we have a problem."

"Come to my place, NOW!"

"I'm already here."

"Come upstairs. Trevor is at my door."

I don't get and answer from Hardin, but a few moments later I hear him outside, shouting at his brother.

"Fuck off, asshole! I won't let you hurt her again!"

"Hardin, what's happening here?" I hear someone's voice. I get out of my room and I see Hardin getting ready to hit Trevor.

Tessa: "Hardin, stop!" But he doesn't listen me and he hits Trevor.

Ken: "Hardin! Stop! For the name of God!"

Tessa: "Hardin, please!" I yell.

Carol: "Do you know them?!" He asks shocked while we watch how Hardin is hitting Trevor.

Tessa: "it doesn't matter. Hardin! You are going to kill him!" I yell and he stops.

Hardin: "He deserves it!"

Ken: "What the fuck is happening?!"

Trevor: "You two are dead if you're saying anything."

Hardin: "I don't care! He raped Tessa!"

Trevor: "You are a dead man!" He takes out a gun. Shit. This is not going to end well. "I always hated you, brother. You were always the good one. Always better than me. But before I will kill you, I have to say a few words..."

Ken: "Trevor, don't do this... Let the gun down."

Trevor: "I won't do this, dad. You always preferred him beside me. He was your favorite son and I don't know why. He's the good one even after what he did in London a few years ago. And I'm not okay with this. Everyone is choosing him over me. And now... now it's time to end this. Are you ready, dear brother?" He moves the gun to Hardin and I gasp.

Ken: "Trevor, don't do this."

Tessa: "Trevor, don't do this!" I start to breath harder and I think I'm having a panic attack. My chest is hurting and I feel like I'm going to die.

Trevor: "Why not? He's the wrong brother. He has to die. Now!" He pulls the trigger and he shoot Hardin.

*

I wake up in my room and I look around and I don't see Hardin. What happened? Where is he?

"OH my! Tessa, are you okay?"

"What happened? Where is he, mum?" She stays silent. "Mom? Where is he?" I say. "Mom!" I look at her, but she avoids to look at me. "No!" I yell full of pain. "Nooo!" I start to calm and she hugs me.

"Shh, calm down, honey. It's okay. It's going to be alright." She rubs my back. No. It won't be alright. "He's gone..."

"No! It can't be true, mom!" I start to cry and I hug her. "Why this is happening to me?"

"I'm sorry baby... with time, all your wounds will heal. Now, tell me something... Did you love him?"

"What question is this, mum? Of course, I loved him! More than anything! And I didn't tell him..."

"Even after he raped you?" Huh? What is she talking about?

"What?"

"You are not talking about Trevor?"

"No! I'm talking about Hardin. I'm in love with Hardin! Where is he?"

"You can't be with him, Tessa."

"What?! Why! Tell me where he is!"

"I can't do this."

"If you don't tell me, I will leave and I'm not coming back! Tell me where is Hardin!" I yell as I get up.

"I can't do this, Tessa. I'm sorry."

"Okay, you lose. I will find him alone!" I take out a luggage and I throw there some clothes.

"What are you doing?!"

"I'm leaving! It's not clear?!"

"Tessa! Don't do this stupid thing!" She yells at me.

"Tell me where is Hardin and I won't leave."

"I think he's at the hospital. He was shoot in his chest. Don't go there, you can't do this to me!"

"What are you talking about!?"

"He is the son of the man I love, Theresa!"

"You can't destroy me like this, Tessa. I want to be happy once in a lifetime. You can't date him. And for fuck's sake! He's your teacher!"

"You are so selfish! I hate you! I hate you!" I yell as I take my luggage and I leave.

I get inside my car and I start to cry. I can't believe what's happening to me. In the last months, just bad things happened. I felt in love with my teacher, impossible love, the divorce of my parents kind o destroyed me, I was raped and my mother is in a relationship with my boyfriend's father and my boyfriend just was shot. It's wonderful!

Oh... my sweet Hardin... Where he can be? At what hospital they took him? I should go and look for him everywhere. At some point I will find him.

I drive to the near hospital and I'm lucky because I see Hardin's father there.

"Mr. Scott?"

"Tessa..."

"Where is Hardin? Please, tell me he's alright..."

"I don't know anything about him."

"What about Trevor? He's dead?"

"Yeah... He killed himself after he shoot Hardin."

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Scott."

"You know it's just your fault, right?" He looks at me with a creepy look.

"What? How is this my fault?"

"Because you played with Trevor and he suffered. That's why he killed himself. You gave him hope and you end being with his brother!"

"You do this just because you want a relationship with my mom?!"

"No! I don't want to see her ever again. And I don't want to see you. Go away, let my son to leave without you!"

"You can't do this! He is mature and you can't decide for himself."

"Yes, I can. I am his father and I can do whatever I want while my son is unconscious. So you leave by choice or I'll call security."

"You are a bad man! I can see who's Trevor's model!" I yell at him.

"Leave! Now!"

I leave without say anything. I don't want to have problems with security. I enter in my car and I think about a place where I can go...