Chapter 20

Tessa

The minutes goes really slow. When I want to see the results, I hear my phone ringing and I take it out. It's Hardin. I allow the call.

Phone call

"Hi baby. Where are you?"

"I'm still at work. Why?"

"I'm nearby your workplace and I wanted to see if you finished work, so we can go home together."

"Yeah. I'm done with work."

"Alright. I'm coming."

"Wait outside. I have to take my stuff and I will be there."

"Alright. See you soon. I love you."

"I love you."

As I end the call with Hardin, I throw the box in my bag, I take it and I go to meet him. I can't look at the result right now. I don't want to break in front of Hardin. I will look after he falls asleep tonight.

I arrive in the front of the building and I see him leaning on his car. He immediately smiles as he sees me and I can't not smile too.

"Hi." I lean on and I kiss him. "I missed you."

"I've missed you too. Let's go home."

"Alright. I have some news. As you wanted, I talked with a therapist for you. And she's ready to see you on Friday afternoon."

"Oh... Thank you, I really appreciate what you are doing for me."

"I love you and I want what's the best for you."

"Let's go home, I'm tired."

We get in the car and after 35 minutes, we're home. We change in some comfy clothes, then we go to the kitchen to cook dinner.

"I have news."

"What kind of news?"

"I'm going back to work."

"Great! What can I say?" I say a little bit pissed. "And if you are back, what will happen with us?"

"Between us, nothing changes. I will work as a professor for another three weeks, then my teacher career will be over."

"And after that?"

"I'll work in a publishing. Maybe we can work in the same place."

"Really?" I smile and I think about having Hardin at work.

"Yes. I would like to work at SIP. But I will have to attend an interview."

"That's nice."

After we finish dinner, we eat and while Hardin goes to take a shower, I decide to look at the result. I take my bag, I take out the box and I take the tests from it. It has two lines on it. The control line is very strong, but the second line is fade, but it's there. I'm pregnant.

Hardin

I'm getting dressed when I hear Tessa crying. I leave the bathroom and I walk to her.

"Tessa? Baby? Are you okay?" I knee in front of her and I look around.

"No, no, no. I'm not okay. I can't do this, Hardin." I hug her.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I see a piece of plastic on the rug and I exactly know what that means.

"I... I am pregnant." She breaks out and I rub her back.

"I'm right here, baby. I will be with you at every step."