Chapter 17

Tessa

When the nurse told me that Hardin to the OR, my world collapsed and I wasn't able to breath. But Trish was there to bring me back on Earth. Hardin will be okay. The doctors will make him okay.

A few hours later...

"Tessa?" I feel a hand on my shoulder and I wake up. "What happened? Hardin's out of surgery?"

"Not yet. I'm going to buy some food. Do you want anything?"

"No."

"Okay." She rolls her eyes knowing I didn't eat anything for hours. "Call me if something happens, okay?"

"Okay."

Fifteen minutes later, Trish is back with some food and she forces me to eat. Nothing happened since she was gone, I just hope everything is fine.

"I can't believe what happened... Last night, when we left, everything was fine. He was feeling well, he was happy. And now..."

"Hey, he's a strong man and he's going to be fine."

"I'm afraid I might lose him."

"We're not going to lose him."

Ten minutes later, we see Hardin's doctor coming to us.

Doctor: "Are you Hardin's Scott family?"

Trish: "Yes! How is my son, doctor?"

Doctor: "He is okay now. It's good we found the clot in time and we took it out. He's in the ICU right now."

Tessa: "Can we see him?"

Doctor: "I'm sorry, but no. Tomorrow morning we're moving him to his room and you will be able to visit. He's sedate and we're going to wake him only tomorrow. Now, you can go home and get some rest. Now, excuse me." He leaves.

"Let's go home, darling. We can't do anything here."

"No, I'm not leaving. I want to be here tomorrow when he will wake up."

"Hey, he's in good hands. And we need to get some rest."

"Ok." I give up.

The next day...

"What if he's not ok?"

"He is fine. Ken talked with him. Don't worry. Hardin is fine."

We arrive at the hospital and I almost run to Hardin's room. When I get inside I'm surprised to see him with... Jules. But I don't give a shit. I am his girlfriend and he only loves me.

Tessa: "You have no idea how scared I was!" I push her away and I gently hug Hardin, seeing a smile on his face.

Jules: "Excuse me?! I was talking to him!"

Trish: "Jules? Can we talk outside, please?"

Jules: "Sure." She and Trish leaves the door.

"I'm ok, baby."

"I can see you are. With her almost crawling on you..."

"Please, don't do this..."

"I'm not doing anything. Are you okay, babe?"

"Now, that you are here, I am good." He smiles and I kiss him. "You don't have to be jealous on Jules."

"I am not jealous. I know you only love me and I am the one who lives in your apartment."

"Good."

"But what is she doing here?"

"She heard what happened and she came to see me. Nothing more. She's still my friend. But you don't have a reason to be jealous. You are the only one I love."