Chapter 30

Hardin

I'm totally lost in the moment she send me that video with the ultrasound and the baby's heartbeat. That baby can't be mine. I can't have kids. But she's five weeks pregnant. And that means we conceived the baby in this fucking bed. But how is that possible? I quickly take my phone and I check the internet for our problem. And there are some chances to have a baby having a vasectomy. So, that means me and Tessa are going to have a baby. Fuck. I let my phone on the couch and I go to take a cold shower.

When I'm out, my mother calls for me, so I get dressed and I go downstairs to see what does she want.

"What's up, mom?" I see my phone in her hand and I immediately know what's up. "What are you doing with my phone?"

"Why you didn't tell me she's pregnant?"

"Mom, please, don't do this." I sigh and I take my phone from her hand.

"What did you do? Why you and Tessa are so distant in the last days?"

"Because I think we broke up."

"Why?!"

"Because I'm stupid, that's why."

"You are booking the next flight to Seattle and you are going to solve this problem!"

"I'm not going anywhere, mum."

"So, you don't love her?"

"I do love her!"

"Then why you are an asshole? Go and save your relationship!"

"I'm not ready for this!"

"But you did this to her, son."

"Don't blame me. I didn't know. And she could take pills!"

"Stop playing with my nerves... And I hope you are not going to do with Tessa what you did with Jules a few years ago."

"Fuck no! I love Tess more than anything! I wouldn't do this to her."

"Then go to her, son. She needs you."

"I'm scared, mom." I sit down and I cover my face with my hands.

"Scared of what, son?" She sits next to me.

"Being a father. I don't think I'm ready."

"Well, let me tell you something... No one is ready to be a parent, especially when it comes as a surprise. But you and Tessa are something else. You two will make a great job as parents, son. That baby will be really lucky to have you two as their parents. So, listen to me and book a ticket to Seattle. You have to tell her you want everything. Make her happy."

Tessa

It's been two days since I found out about the baby and also two days since Hardin didn't call or text me. I'm scared, really scared. And I have no idea how I'm going to do this on my own. I just hope Hardin needs some time to process the news and the to come back at me and have a happy life together.

My life lately was the same. Get up early with morning sickness, go to work, come home and eat something, sleep and repeat.

I'm at work when Ana walks in my office.

"Hey."

"Hi. We have a meeting in five minutes."

"Okay, I'm coming." I get up and we walk to the conference room.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling good right now."

"I'm talking about Hardin."