Chapter 13

Tessa

The day with Hardin was so... normal. I almost forget what happened the other day, but I can't forget everything in a minute. I feel better when he is near me and I need him next to me because he is my everything.

I enter in the house and I find my mom sitting on the couch with a glass of white wine in her hand. I know something happened because she's drinking wine if she's mad.

"Hi..."

"Oh, my daughter decided to come home."

"If you are going to talk with me like this, I prefer to ignore you. I'm going to take a long bath so don't disturb me, please."

"I hope you will not come home one day pregnant. It's all I ask."

"Go and sleep, you are tired."

"He's not coming tomorrow. He is occupied with an ultimate business trip. I'm so lucky right?"

"Mom, go and sleep!" I say and I go upstairs.

I go in my bathroom and I prepare my bathtub. I hope a bath will relax me more, but all I need is Hardin. I took off his clothes of me and I enter in the bathtub. I take my sponge and I start to rub my skin. I rub it so hard, trying to get away his touches. I end up with a red skin and crying. Why this happened to me? I hate it! I hate my life! Why me? Why?!

When I calm down, the water is cold, so I get out, wrapping myself in my fluffy robe. I walk in my room and I text Hardin.

"Hardin?"

"Tess? Are you okay?"

"Yeah... Can you come to my place? I'm scar to stay alone. Please?"

"Of course, I can. But what about your mother?"

"She's drunk. We will see how you are going to leave tomorrow."

"Okay. I'll be there in fifty."

"Thank you."

I quickly get dressed then I walk downstairs to see if mom is still there. But she's not. A few minutes later, I hear a car outside and I open the door. I see Hardin and he walks to me.

"Thank you for coming." I hug him tight.

"No problem, baby." He kisses the top of my head...

"Let's go upstairs." I lock the door, I turn off the lights and we walk upstairs in my room. "Will you stay overnight?"

"Of course, love." I lock the door and we get in bed. "I'm sorry Tess."

"For?"

"It's only my fault for what happened."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"Stop arguing with me."

"I could talk with Anastasia at phone instead of going there. And none of this would happened."

"Stop blaming yourself. He is the only one guilty in this story, alright?"

"Ok... If you don't want to go to that interview, it's okay."

"Are you kidding?! Do you think I will miss this chance? But you have to come with me."

"I will. Then, it's settled. We're going to your interview Thursday after school."

"Thank you." I kiss his cheek.

A few days later...

Today is a big day. Today I have an interview at Seattle Independent Press, thanks to my boyfriend. I'm really excited and I hope I will take the job. I decided to wear something casual. Some black pants and a white shirt, accessorized with some black elegant boots. I wake my coat and I leave the house and I find Hardin standing next to his car and waiting for me.