Chapter 33

Tessa

It's finally time to share the news with my family. I'm firstly telling mom. I know she's going to freak out when I will tell her about the baby. I arrive at the house and I knock at the door. A few moments later, she opens the door.

"Theresa, what a surprise."

"Hello mother."

"What are you doing here? You finally came back home?"

"I have some news to share with you, mum."

"News? I suppose you broke up with that man."

"Uhm, no. It's not that. I love him and he loves me."

"Oh, really? You know his past?"

"I know everything about him, mother. And he's another man right now."

"If you say so... So? What do you want to tell me? Why isn't he with you?"

"He's in London."

"So he dumped you?" She laughs.

"No, he didn't. He went there to continue his studies. He will be back in a few months. And why I am here? I am pregnant?"

"What?" Here we go. "You have to be kidding, Tessa!"

"I'm not kidding. I'm fifteen weeks pregnant."

"What the fuck is wrong with you, girl?! You are so irresponsible! How could you do this?! You are insane, Theresa!"

"Mom, please. Don't do this. I just came to tell you that you are going to be a grandmother."

"That kid is just a bastard, it won't be my grandchild! And you are not my daughter anymore!"

"What?! Mum!"

"Get out of my house, now!"

"Mom!"

"Don't call me like this. Leave, now!"

I get out of the house and I get inside my car where I start to cry. I thought this baby will melt her heart, but I was so wrong... I can't understand why she hates me like this. I didn't do something wrong to her. I hate her...

And now, I have to calm down. It's not good for the baby. Now, it's time to share the news with dad. I have a feeling that his reaction will be worse than my mother's, but I have to do it.

I arrive in the front of the building and I get out of the car. I walk inside and I go to the first floor where he lives. I knock at the door and a few moments later, he hopes it. A smile on his face.

"Tessie, what a surprise. Come on in, darling." I walk inside and he hugs me. I missed him.

"Hello, dad."

"What are you doing here, darling?"

"I have some news for you."

"Well, I have some news too."

"You go first." We go to the couch and we sit down.

"Do you want a glass of apple juice?"

"Yes!"

"I'll be back." He leaves and a few moments later, he's back with my glass of juice.

"Well? What do you want to tell me?"

"I'm seeing someone."

"Oh, wow. That's great, dad!"

"I know! She kind and different. I really like her."