Chapter 21

Tessa

We leave my doctor's office and we go back home with our souls cleared. I'm not pregnant. I'm relieved. A pregnancy isn't something I want in this moment. As we arrive home, we start to make something to eat.

"I can finally focus on my exams."

"When you have the first one?"

"On Friday."

"Do you need any help studying?"

"No, thank you."

"In case you need help, you can count on me." I smile and I kiss him.

After we eat, we go in our bedroom and I decided to clean it a little.

"You know what I was thinking?"

"Tell me."

"After your exams, in your spring break, we can visit my mom in London. What do you say?"

"It sounds good."

"Good, then I will plan everything."

"Alright."

A few weeks later...

"Tess, I'm home!" I hear him and I walk out of our bedroom, breathing in relief seeing him alive.

"Why did you come home this late?" I cross my arms in front of me.

"I was in a pub with Christian."

"And it was hard to let me know through a message?"

"My phone is dead. I'm sorry."

"But Christian has my phone number."

"Oh... Don't be mad, now." He walks to me and I feel the alcohol. He's drunk.

"You are drunk." I roll my eyes. "Unbelievable!"

"Don't do this, baby." He drags me to him and he squeezes my ass and I puss him away.

"No! Don't touch me!" I yell.

"I'm sorry... Shit. I'm so sorry, Tess."

"Don't. I don't want to talk with you." I turn my back to him.

"Tess..."

"No, don't! You are drunk. We're going to talk about it tomorrow." I get inside our bedroom and I lock the door.

"Baby?" He knocks at the door. "I'm sorry."

The next day

I wake up before my alarm rings. I go to the bathroom where I do my morning routine and I put some make-up on, then I get dressed. I now I said to Hardin that we're going to talk, but I don't want to have a talk this morning. When I walk out of our bedroom, I see him on the couch, with his hand on his head. I'm pretty sure he's hungover.

"Tess?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes. Forgive me, please! I just exaggerated a little. I promise this won't happen again."

"Can we talk about this later? I have to go to work. And you also have a job to attend too." He works with me for a few weeks now.

"We can leave together!"

"If you are read in five minutes, we can go together."

"I will be ready. Wait for me."

He gets in our bedroom where he gets dressed and five minutes later, he's back. We go to the car and I drive to work.

"I'm really sorry for last night, baby. I didn't mean to hurt you. I know you are not good after what happened. Don't be mad at me, please."