Chapter 26

Tessa

"Hardin?" I break the ice minutes later.

"Yes, love?"

"When are you leaving?"

"In three weeks." He rubs my back.

"And we have only three weeks left."

"Yes..."

"It will be hard to be apart..."

"I know... Are you sure you are okay with this? I can do this here too."

"Yes, I'm good. You can't throw away your dream for me. We will survive. The year will pass quickly."

A few weeks later...

"Don't cry, baby." He hugs me and I hide my face in his chest, wetting his t-shirt. "In six weeks, you will come and see me, alright?"

"I will be hard without you."

"Will you stop crying, please? You are making this harder."

"I'm sorry." I lift up my head and he wipes my tears. "I love you!"

"And I love you."

"Be careful, babe. I want you to come back safe."

"I will. Be careful what are you doing, okay?"

"Okay. Don't forget to call me when you arrive, okay? I'm going to stay up until you'll call."

"I promise." He kisses my forehead, then my lips.

"I love you."

"I love you."

*

Hardin is gone and it will be a hard time without him, but I will survive. I have to let him achieve his dreams. It's just a year, I won't die without him. We'll be together as much as we can and we won't know when the year passed.

It's past midnight and it's been almost 12 hours since Hardin left. He should be in London. I'm already worried. When I want to call Trish to ask her about him, I see him calling me. Finally!

Phone call

"Hi, baby."

"Hi. I just wanted to call your mother. Are you home?"

"Yeah, I just got in bed and I decided to call you."

"I miss you, babe."

"I miss you too."

"But there are just 364 days until you are back home." I giggle.

"And five weeks and six days until I will have you in London."

"I can't wait. How's your mother?"

"Good. She misses you."

"I miss her too. I can't wait to see her in a few weeks. I'm going to let you sleep, I'm sure you are really tired."

"Alright. I love you."

"I love you. Talk to you soon."

"Bye, love."

Another few weeks later...

It's been a few weeks since Hardin left to England for school. Today, me and my friend are out to celebrate the end of first year of college. I'm wearing a really sexy black dress and I'm sure Hardin will be crazy if he will see my outfit.

I just posted a picture with me and I get a call from Hardin. Oops, I drive him crazy.

Phone call