Chapter 39

Tessa

Tessa: "Hardin, you bought the wrong cake." I say quietly.

Hardin: "No, it's not the wrong cake."

Tessa: "Oh, shit." I turn to him and I find him sitting on one knee with a box with a ring in his hand.

Hardin: "Tess... we meet one year ago, in a pub. I felt in love with you in the first moment I saw you. We've been through a lot in the last year and I want to give you my heart and I want to take yours, for the rest of our lives. So... Theresa Lynn Young, will you be my friend, my girlfriend, my mistress, the mother of my child and my wife?"

Tessa: "Yes!" I say with tears in my eyes. "Yes! I do!" I jump in his arms and I kiss him with lust. "I love you so much!" I hug him tight and I hide my face in his neck as I start to cry.

Hardin: "I love you."

Tessa: "Thank you for this, Hardin."

Hardin: "I promised you this... Will you, please, stop crying?"

Tessa: "These are tears of happiness and my hormones acting." I giggle and everyone laughs, reminding me that we're not alone. "I'm sorry!"

Trish: "Put the damn ring on her finger!"

Hardin: "Oh, yes! May I?"

Tessa: "Yes!" he puts the ring on my finger and it looks really beautiful.

Richard: "You have no idea how nervous he was."

Tessa: "You knew about it?"

Richard: "Of course!"

Hardin: "I asked him first." He smiles and he kisses my cheek.

Nora: "Congratulation!" She kisses my cheeks. "I'm really happy for you."

Anastasia: "Congratulation!"

Everyone come to congratulate us and we make a toast and eat cake. After a few hours, everyone is gone. It's just me and Hardin.

"Come to bed, Scott. I want you." I smile at him.

"I'm coming, Young. Oh, excuse me, future Mrs. Scott."

"I'm not taking your name."

"What?"

"Don't freak out, okay?"

"May I know why?"

"I'm not your property and I want to keep my last name."

"You are talking non-sense, Tess."

"No, I'm not. I just don't feel like I have to take your last name to be happy together."

"And the baby? She will be a Young too?"

"Let's not talk about it right now, Hardin."

"Thank you for ruining my mood. What can I say?"

"Have a good night, Hardin." I say as I walk in our bedroom. He doesn't even care about my wishes. Me, taking his name, won't make us happier. This man is impossible sometimes.

"Tess..." He comes after me. "I'm sorry."

"You are always sorry." I sigh as I get dressed with my pajama. "You know I'm pregnant and the hormones are all over me."

"I'm sorry. It's our engagement night and we should enjoy it."

"Okay. I'm sorry too. We will talk about it at the right moment, okay?"

"Okay." He smiles as he comes closer to me. "Let's have some fun, shall we?"

"Thank you for still wanting me even if I'm fat."