Chapter 22

Tessa

"I don't want Jules around you anymore. I don't trust her. She's totally a bitch and I can see that she wants you."

"And you know that I want only you, right?"

"No, I don't know. Today you didn't show me this."

"Yes, I did. Now."

"But at lunch break you preferred to go out with her, not with me."

"That's why you were mad?"

"Yes."

"Promise me that you will say her ever look for you again, because if I saw her one more time around you, she will be dead."

"You're jealous."

"Of course, I am. You are mine and this is the reality."

"Ok..."

"What you wanted to say?" I ask him.

"Nothing..." He avoids my look.

"Hardin?"

"It's about her..."

"Oh, no. What happened? I know something happened, Hardin. Tell me, now."

"She kissed me."

"She did what?!" I cove myself with the bed sheet and I feel my blood boiling in my veins.

"Listen to me... I didn't kiss her. She kissed me and I rejected her. I pushed her away."

"No! Stop! Don't talk anymore."

"Tess, listen to me!"

"I'm so angry at you!" I yell at him. "You kissed her and then you came here and have sex with me! You are insane!"

"For fuck's sake! Listen to me!"

"Okay, I'm listening." I sigh.

"I want with her at lunch and when we finished eating, she kissed me, but I pushed her away. I didn't kiss her back. I thought I can have a friendship with her, but she can't do this. I told her to forget about our friendship. I promise, I didn't kiss her. Don't be mad at me, please."

"Okay, I believe you. I... I don't want to ruin our relationship. I can't lose you again."

"I love you."

"And I love you. I'm sorry for being like this. I don't like when someone is touching what's mine."

"I like you are possessive." He smiles and he kisses me.

"The plan about London stays the same?"

"Of course. My mother is really excited to see us, especially you. I think she loves you more than me."

"She loves you a lot, Hardin. I saw the love for you in her eyes."

"I know."

"We should buy her a present."

"She doesn't need anything."

"Oh, c'mon! I want to give her something."

"She doesn't need anything. It's enough you give me love."

"I love you."

"And I love you."

A few days later...

We are in the airport and I look for a gift for Trish. Hardin knows what his mother likes, but he's an ass because he doesn't want to help me pick something for Trish.

"Do you think your mother will like this perfume?" I give him to smell a sample.

"Nope. I don't like it."