Chapter 15

Tessa

Of course, I can't go back home, I don't want to stay one more second with mum. I can't go to Nora's place because she's with Landon and I don't want to disturb them. And dad is not in town. Obviously, I can't stay at the hospital because... because of his dad. Oh! I'll go to his apartment. He gave me the kiss this week. I hope his dad won't came there. Even if I have an awful memory from this apartment, it's the only place I can stay. I will survive until Hardin is back... I hope he is ok. If he doesn't survive, I could never live without him...

I let my luggage in the living room and I go to the bedroom. I take off all my clothes and I take one of Hardin's T-shirts and I lay on the bed. In my mind is running all beautiful memories with Hardin: our meeting, how we were almost having sex in a restroom, how he almost begged me to be his girlfriend, our trip to the cabin, our first night, our fights, everything. I hope everything will be ok, he will survive and he will come back to me. It's all I want. I fall asleep thinking about him.

I wake up in the middle of the night when I hear my phone ringing. I quickly answer.

Phone call

"Yes?"

"Tessa? It's Anastasia, I hope I didn't wake you up."

"Oh, Ana, no. What happened?"

"Hardin is asking about you. Come to the hospital."

"I can't come while his father is there... He hates me."

"I heard this when I arrived. But don't worry, he is not here. You can come."

"Hardin is ok?"

"He seems to be fine, but..."

"But what?"

"He wants to see you."

"Ok, tell him I'm coming. Thank you so much, Ana."

I end the call and I get dressed as fast as I can. Yes! He is ok. Hardin is ok! I don't care it's 5 a.m. in the morning, I just want to kiss him and to tell him that... that I love him and I don't want to lose him.

I go to my car and I drive to the hospital. I park it and I get inside where I find Ana and Christian.

Tessa: "Hi. Where is he?"

Christian: "A doctor is checking on him, but in a few minutes you can go to him."

Tessa: "Where is his father?"

Christian: "I saw how bad Hardin wanted you so I send him home to rest and to eat something."

Tessa: "Thank you so much, Christian."

After 5 minutes, a doctor comes out of Hardin's room and I get in. He starts to smile when he sees me and I start to cry.

"Hey, hey. Come here." He moves a little and he pat the empty part and I go next to him.

"I... I..."

"Shh, it's ok baby. I'm going to be okay." He rubs my back.

"I thought I lost you..." I manage to say this with low voice.

"What do you mean, baby? I'm here, I'm alive. It's nothing serious."

"Are you kidding?! You almost died in front of my eyes, Hardin! I saw how you dead brother shoot you!"

"Yeah, but I'm ok. I hope I'll be discharged in two days. I hate hospitals."

"Two days, are you kidding?! In two days you won't be better. You have cut on your chest..."

"I am ok, I swear!" He kiss my forehead.

We stay in the same positions for two hours.

"I have to go. I don't want your dad to find me here."