chapter 68

I started to pack various things.

The holy relics, the Pendant of Holy Seal, Hessed’s Bracelet, and the All-Purpose Pocket. Clothes and daily necessities that aren’t dragging out.

And the moment I’ve packed my luggage for a trip that’s going to be at least a month…

“Saintess, this isn’t all, is it?”

Daisy’s reaction was unexpected.

“This is enough.”

“I can’t believe it’s enough. You should fill at least one carriage with dresses and accessories for this expedition. When the Imperial Family goes on a trip for several days, they fill three carriages.”

A saintess is a semi-member of the Imperial Family who doesn’t have to bow her head to anyone but the Emperor.

But with all my luggages combined, it was only two 28-inch suitcases, so it was understandable that she was bewildered.

“What if priests from other temples look down on the Saintess? We can never let that happen…”

“Daisy, I’m not going on a trip, though?”

I said firmly, fearing that Daisy would fill one of the carriages.

“Still, Saintess, this is too little. No matter how much I think about it, I have to go with you and wait…”

“I said no to that. No.”

“Saintess!”

She widened her eyes, but I firmly refused.

As the gate is about to open, Ares Mine is too much for Daisy, whose divine power is at the level of an apprentice priestess.

“Please. I can’t send the Saintess to that dangerous place alone.”

In the end, the carriage was the paving stone for this conclusion.

“I know what you’re feeling, but if you come, you’ll get in the way.”

Daisy looked at me, startled at my words. It was a cold statement, but it was also a clear reality that made her accept my decision.

“You wouldn’t want to put me in danger by protecting you, would you?”

Daisy bowed her head, looking like she was going to cry.

“I understand. Saintess.”

I raised my hand and patted her on the shoulder.

“Don’t worry too much and wait. Did you say your hometown is in the north? It’s good to take a vacation and go back to your hometown when I’m not there.”

“Saintess.”

“When we meet again after this business ends, let’s go to the cake shop together. You ate well last time.”

“Hicc. Saintess. You must come home safely!”

Finally, Daisy pulled out her tears and fell into my arms.