chapter 74

“That’s why I said it ignored one’s priorities.”

Cass, who had been watching her sleeping with her eyes closed again, turned his eyes belatedly. The unpredictable words lingered in his mouth.

“…It did…”

Grrrrr.

Cass looked down at the source of the pain that had been piercing him for a while.

He could see a few drops of blood running down his fingertips. A golden hamster dangled hostilely from his hand, with its teeth stuck in it.

Without a change in expression, Cass shook his hand a few times before it was slammed onto the bed.

There were bloody teeth marks on his hands.

Grrrrrr.

It glared at Cass, making a rough noise uncharacteristic of a small creature, and Cass said without much consideration.

“She just fell asleep.”

His ultramarine blue eyes were on Ariel’s thick eyelashes.

“To think that you’re trying to wake up like an idiot like this.”

There was a shadow between Cass’ forehead.

He looked at Ariel for a moment longer, then turned around. And he left through the door.

Outside the door, the elder priest stood hesitantly.

He looked at Cass and asked.

“How is the Saintess…”

“She was conscious, but she immediately fell back asleep.”

“When is she going to wake up?”

The elder priest asked eagerly, yet Cass’ eyes were cold.

He stared at the elder priest with cold eyes. The elder priest was taken aback by the chilling feeling on his spine and then lowered his head.

“…We will provide more mercenaries and supplies.”

Cass said after a while.

The elder priest nodded.

“Thank you, Marquis.”

“And the divine power of a high-ranking priest.”

Cass’ gaze turned to the far hallway.

At those words, the elder priest made an expression as if he couldn’t understand.

“All the local priests have been brought in. Where is that precious high-ranking priest…?”

“…”

Cass started walking forward without answering the elder priest’s words.

A cool light shone in his eyes.

It was two days later that I woke up.

It seems that my fever has risen and I have said some nonsense… I think I had a lot of dreams too. In fact, I couldn’t remember where either the dream or the reality started.