chapter 92

Before returning to the temple, I was able to hear about the identity of the deceased priest.

Indeed, Lloyd’s information was quick and accurate.

“Vatos, a low-ranking priest under the direct control of the High Priest. He mainly worked to assist the High Priest.”

Against the backdrop of the sunset, Cass’ eyes were cold as he recited information about the dead priest.

“It means that he was the direct priest of Sir Reihausd.”

Naturally, high-ranking priests had subordinate priests under their direct control.

The lower priests assist the higher priests in their work like secretaries. And the low-ranking priest named Ron Vatos, who tried to attack me, was Reihausd’s.

“What do you think?”

I thought about Cass’ words for a while before opening my mouth.

“Maybe because I watch a lot of dramas, I think it’s boring.”

“Dra… ma, what is that?”

“Should I say it’s like a play full of conspiracies and schemes?”

I don’t know who was behind Vatos, but how simple did they see me as?

“The Saintess seems to have the same thoughts as me.”

Cass faintly twisted the corners of his lips.

“I’ll have to catch them.”

Someone was trying to separate me and Reihas.

They would think I would be suspicious of Reihausd if his direct priest tried to kill me.

Although Reihausd had a dark and corrupt side, he considered me sacred beyond precious.

“Can you help… me?”

After thinking for a moment, I looked at Cass and said.

“Well.”

I couldn’t guess what thoughts were in his deep ultramarine blue eyes.

Is he calculating the gains and losses of helping me?

“Promise me one thing, and I’ll use all of Lloyd’s resources to help.”

I asked a little nervously.

Most of the temple construction cost had already been received from Lloyd’s Merchant.

“What kind of promise do you need?”

Cass’s lips parted. Then he reached up and ran his hand through the ends of my soft hair.

“Even a single hair of yours,”

My body unconsciously flinched.

“…Don’t get it hurt.”

His low voice passed through my ears and shook my heart deep in my chest.