Chapter 156 - Side Story 10

“Saintess. I used the gauntlet well.”

The day after the martial arts gathering, I was having a leisurely time at the shop when Noah came to return the gauntlet to me.

“And for saving me and my colleagues yesterday… Thank you very much.”

Sitting blankly thinking about yesterday’s events, I looked at Noah’s hand and said,

“Thank you, but I don’t want to get it back.”

“You said I could return it. I know this is very expensive. For an apprentice knight like me, it’s still…”

“You said you would show off your cool look. You haven’t shown it yet.”

At my words, Noah narrowed his eyes.

“That…”

“Well, yesterday’s goblin eradication was cool, but that’s not enough.”

I smiled at Noah.

“Give me back when you’re good enough to catch a black wyvern later.”

A small smile appeared on Noah’s lips as he looked at me for a while.

“So… You’re saying you don’t want it returned.”

“Who said so. If you have the skills to defeat Black and this time, I’ll even pay you interest.”

Noah put the gauntlet back into his arms and said.

“His Highness the Crown Prince’s abilities yesterday were phenomenal. I don’t know if I’ll even follow his toes at all… Since the Saintess set me on fire, I must work even harder.”

[The God of Destruction, Ciel, boasts that following Kyle is impossible.]

I leaned back in my chair and looked at Noah.

“Alright. Keep up the good work.”

Noah grinned and took another item out of his arms, handing it to me. It was a small medal. The Imperial mark was engraved on the copper medallion.

“A medal given to excellent knights of the Martial Arts Association by the Imperial Palace Knights.”

I accepted it.

“Oh, it’s so cool, isn’t it?”

Among the apprentice knights, his skills were outstanding, so he deserved this award.

When I received it, Noah turned around.

“Wait. What about the medal?”

“It’s my gift. I also refuse to take it back.”

“But it’s meaningful, though…”