chapter 141

Back to the present,

“What happened to the Primordial God?”

After reuniting, we took a walk around the pond of the temple together.

“To be honest… I don’t remember too well.”

Cass explained what had happened.

It was only recently that he felt a bit odd, he said. He was being watched, and it was a very warm and benevolent feeling, he said.

There was no feeling that the aura was meant to harm, so he passed on, assuming it was a phenomenon caused by divine power. But when I asked Cass to call up the Paladins, his memory snapped.

“Now?”

“I feel like he has left now. I don’t feel anything. I can still use divine power.”

It seems that the Primordial God went back after using Cass’ body.

“However… Why did he choose the Marquis?”

I muttered something curious, and Cass walked away without saying a word.

“Do you know about the Golden Kingdom?”

Then, when I sat down on a bench to rest for a while, the story I heard from Cass was amazing.

As I saw in the book, the royals of the Golden Kingdom, which were prosperous but cruel, were cursed by a God, he said. The kingdom was destroyed.

That God is none other than the Primordial God. And the last name of the royal family was ‘Lloyd’.

It would be more like a punishment than a curse. They were limited in feeling human emotions for generations and tens of generations. And when they have aged to some extent after middle age, they die at an earlier age than average.

He said that the muscles of the body slowly become paralyzed, unable to move, and they eventually die because they can’t even breathe.

And Cass’s father, the merchant owner, also fell into the same illness, then Cass believed that that would be no different from his own destiny.

The lineage of many royal families was completely cut off, and Cass was the last descendant.

“I didn’t want to get married. Unlike my superiors, who tried to pass on the generations somehow, hoping for the God’s forgiveness, I thought I should end the curse here.”

When he said that, his expression was calm and sad.

“H I start to care about you.”

Cass’ dark eyes were looking at me.

“Although it’s impossible as long as Lloyd’s blood flows… I kept looking at you and wanted to talk to you. Afterward, I thought I wanted to stay with you.”

I could see the sincerity in his eyes.

I looked at him and opened my mouth.

“I misunderstood you… I thought you don’t feel emotions.”

In Raid’s prophecy I saw, he was clearly a sociopath. It’s only now that I know that it’s because of the curse.