Chapter 154 - Side Story 8

We climbed the stairs of the main palace overlooking the plaza. I was in charge of the congratulatory speech at the founding festival for the people.

“Whoaaaa.”

“Uooooh!”

Halfway up the stairs, the figures of the crowd could be seen through the cracks.

As I climbed to a high place, I could see that a crowd of tens of thousands of people had gathered for the opening of the founding festival.

“You must be nervous.”

I nodded my head at his words, as if he could feel my expression a little stiff.

Then Kyle said as if he was possessed.

“You always did well. Unexpectedly.”

A reproachful voice pierced my heart like consolation.

At Kyle’s words that gave me courage, I smiled lightly and nodded my head.

A little while later, after greeting the Emperor and some dignitaries who had arrived earlier, I gave a congratulatory speech to the temple in front of a large crowd.

“Saintess!”

“It’s the Saintess!!“

“Worship the saintess!”

When I came out, the crowd cheered with enthusiasm.

“To the people of the Illide Empire, I would like to convey a congratulatory message from Elium.”

Although the cheers were a little burdensome,  I steadfastly continued my congratulatory speech.

The congratulatory speech was about the history of the Illide and the temple. It was said that the Gods blessed the Illide when the country was founded, and that this brought glory to the Illide royal family.

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, is proud of you.]

[The God of Justice, Hetuse, looks at you with a satisfied expression.]

[The God of Art, Mond, is delighted with the worship pouring down on you.]

The Gods watched over me proudly, like parents watching their daughter’s kindergarten school performance.

When I looked back after the congratulatory speech, the Emperor was clapping his hands with a satisfied expression. Now, it seems that he has fully recovered his health, and his face has a good complexion.

When I stepped back, Kyle raised his longsword and cut the string that ran from the balcony to the building on the other side several tens of meters ahead. Then, with the sound of a string breaking, the pre-arranged bag burst and countless petals flew into the air.