chapter 118

“The High Priest isn’t here, so is the Saintess.”

Kyle was sitting at the temple’s fountain, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Perhaps, the two of them didn’t go to the festival together, right?”

That thought raised Kyle’s eyebrows.

Reihausd that brat, he looked like a normal priest, but he was a guy whom he couldn’t lower his guard with. He was as arrogant as Cass, and the more he faced him, the more sinister and sullen he seemed.

‘As soon as he wakes up from fainting, he gives Ariel an ecstatic expression for beating him.’

He clicked his tongue.

“Ariel must have an eye for men.”

And he touched the handle of my sword.

“A man who is strong and flawless is the best.”

For a moment, his gaze arrogantly rested between his thighs, then moved.

He was confident.

“…”

Only the chirping of birds could be heard in the darkening sky.

“Anyway, today I made a fool of myself.”

He was well aware that Ariel was no ordinary saintess.

In particular, her brute force of breaking trees was a difficult skill even for a Sword Master himself without using a sword. It was the same with the enormous holy power that was different from the saintesses until now.

Ariel had built a great reputation among the people, and the Emperor wished to share her glory with the Imperial Family by making her the Crown Princess.

But the more Kyle felt, the more he took a step back from his curiosity about Ariel. It wasn’t the step backwards that he intended.

It’s just…

[Kyle. I want to get out there.]

He remembered when his mother, who was the late Empress, was deeply ill. It was no good to see her lying on the bed and looking helplessly out of her window.

[Cough, cough.]

In the moment of shock after his maternal grandparents died in an accident, a maid brought from the maternal house stole his mother’s precious treasure, a garnet necklace, and ran away.

After that, there was no improvement in her illness. Even if the priests poured out their divine powers and even if the Saintess visited, nothing changed. She only got a little better then repeated the deep deterioration.

[A deep loneliness surrounds me every day. There will be no pain in the Salerium (God of Death’s Palace).]

[I will bring His Imperial Majesty.]

[No. Your Majesty is busy with country affairs. Anyone can’t do.]

Kyle remembered his mother’s expression.