chapter 120

‘The Tale of Izar’

In [Contemplation of the God of Lies], there was a part that I watched with my eyes narrowed.

Its contents were as follows.

[Bellatrix, the God of Lies, took notice of a young man named Izar.

Izar was a shepherd in the Selcia Mountains, and his good heart always pleased Bellatrix.

Thus, Bellatrix did something that was forbidden to the Gods. He borrowed the body of a woman and fell in love with Izar.

The two became husband and wife and swore eternal love. And Bellatrix has Izar’s child.]

It was shocking that it was possible for a god to marry a human and have children.

[Bellatrix was a beautiful God. However, a human heart is weak, and by some God’s trick, Izar fell in love with another beautiful woman. Even with a child growing inside Bellatrix’s belly.

The day Izar returned from spending the night with another woman, Bellatrix asked Izar where he had been.]

Gosh… He cheated on a woman with a baby in her belly? He’s a madman who deserves to be cursed at.

I read on and on, expecting Bellatrix to shower the unscrupulous bastard with thunderbolts.

[Bellatrix knew everything. Yet Bellatrix wanted Izar to tell a lie. However, Izar talked about his one night stand with another woman and begged Bellatrix to forgive him.

The truth can be as painful as a lie, or even more. Bellatrix kisses Izar on the forehead and returns to the divine body.]

In the end, it was a disastrous ending.

[Izar spent the rest of his life missing Bellatrix, lamenting his poor choice to fall for a one night stand.]

And after reading the story, I fell into thought for a while.

There was a story that didn’t come out at the end. The child of Bellatrix and Izar, who was in Bellatrix’s stomach.

Did the child naturally disappear in the process of Bellatrix returning as a God?

‘No, no…’

I read the book again from the beginning. And in an instant, something came to my mind.

‘How does the author know this story…?’

***

“Uh… Uh…”

Professor Draive backed away.

I guess what I scratched last time worked. If I see that he’s trying to destroy all data like this.

Soon, something like a small magic circle shone in Professor Draive’s hand. Then something like a skeleton rose from the ground and began to rise.

One, two, three.

“As expected, you’re a necromancer.”