chapter 102

That night.

I was sleeping lightly, and I suddenly felt a presence. When I opened my eyes, Kyuu was growling toward the outside of the window, his fur raised.

Rubbing my eyes, I stood by the window and saw a shadow as if someone was standing there.

“…!”

However, the shadow was extending toward the window in the room.

Horrified, I hurriedly turned around. In front of my eyes stood a very unwelcome figure.

Blonde hair that shone softly in the moonlight and shapely purple eyes. It was Diego Vester.

“…You scared me.”

I rubbed my forehead and grumbled at him. Then he stroked Kyuu, who was standing upright and glaring at Diego.

“It’s alright. A guest is here.”

I calmly sat down on a chair at the table and invited him to sit down.

Before going to bed, I usually turn off the oracle, thus the Gods wouldn’t know he came.

“Don’t you think it’s too much to ask someone to come and make such an expression as if it’s troublesome?”

Diego sat down in a chair and spoke to me.

“I did ask you to come first, but isn’t it too much for you to come at this time?”

Besides, to think that he came in without a word.

‘I thought my liver would fall off.’

Whether he knew I was grumbling or not, Diego kept a smile on his face.

“You have an eye booger on your eye.”

“…Ah, really.”

I rubbed my eyes nervously.

“What about the object?”

At his words, I took out the Raid statue from the box.

Diego, who accepted it, had a somewhat displeased expression on his face. He stared at the statue and put it back on the desk.

Soon after, dark intangible energy covered the Raid statue.

“But isn’t that really too much?”

I fired back and forth while Diego did his job.

“Even if you can’t help me, why are you letting go of your hands like this?”

I’m talking about him healing alone in the sea.

“Isn’t that why I’m helping you like this?”

I was taken aback by his words.

He said he would sign a contract, yet now he did nothing as if it’s not his business!

I gasped and glared at him.

Diego held out the statue to me again as he finished covering the statue with energy. I received it and carefully put it back in the box.