Chapter 160 - Side Story 14

“Is he your company?”

“Nice to meet you. Miss Ariel. My name is Cero. I’m the Baron’s familiar… no, limb.”

The purple-haired man lifted my hand and kissed the back of my hand. I definitely heard the word ‘familiar’.

[The God of Death, Kairos, blushes slightly as he thinks about his collection.]

I looked at the man with bewildered eyes and then shifted my gaze to Diego. And then I asked something very questionable.

“But meeting you now is a coincidence, isn’t it?”

I couldn’t help but be suspicious when I saw him standing as if waiting in front of the accessories store.

Diego raised the corner of his lips at my words.

“Didn’t you say you’d see me again? Have you forgotten?”

“That… Because I felt like you were going to fight the Marquis…”

Diego raised the corners of his lips and spoke in a whisper.

“Fighting is between opponents of similar strength, so would I be on the same level as a human? You’re right that you were worried he might get hurt.”

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, is angry and spits, asking if he knows who was behind Cass.]

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, prepares lightning.]

[The God of Justice, Hetuse, sternly stops Hesed, saying that if lightning strikes downtown like this, innocent citizens could get hurt.]

“Saintess… You look uncomfortable, shall we go back now?”

Suddenly, Daisy whispered to me with a wary expression.

Apparently, Diego was known as a magician, and magicians aren’t close with the temple.

Yet before I could answer, the purple-haired man naturally went in front of Daisy, knelt down on his knees, and placed the back of her hand on top of his.

“Eh…”

“Wow, there is such a beautiful lady behind Miss Ariel. I didn’t realize it.”

I think he said he was a familiar earlier, but how did he end up hiring such a cheesy guy as their familiar?

“Ah…”

However, the expression on Daisy’s face when she was held by a guy named Cero was strange.

“May I dare to ask the lady’s name?”

“I’m… Daisy.”