chapter 70

“I…”

I could barely put my hand on his shoulder, but it was difficult to balance in the narrow carriage.

I could feel his breath close by.

It was fortunate that my expression wasn’t visible. I can cover my red face.

After a while, his lips twitched into a light smile.

“…Be careful.”

“Ah… Yes. I’m sorry.”

I was able to stand up again with my back bent after a while.

Cass stretched out his long arm and opened the carriage door. Only then did fresh air rush into the carriage.

He walked out first and held out his hand to me. Embarrassed for some reason, I didn’t hold his hand, but grabbed the doorknob of the carriage and got off.

His eyebrows twitched. The moment I got off the carriage, I saw workers unloading the carriage and Paladins maintaining the horses.

The villages on the outskirts of the capital weren’t as busy as the downtown area, but there were still many inns and restaurants.

Cass said to me, who blankly looked at the scenery.

“So you brought an escort knight.”

At that, I looked at Cass with a puzzled look.

An escort knight?

Soon he pulled a ball of fur out of his pocket.

“…!”

I couldn’t help but be surprised. I saw Kyuu whose snout was tied with a small string.

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, nullifies Kyuu’s electric shock.]

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, once again nullifies Kyuu’s electric shock.]

Hessed had bought Cass’ stock. And electricity is his forte.

Kyuu’s expression looked very sad.

“Ah… It’s a pet that I raised, but it seems to have followed me.”

I took it from him and put it in my hand. Then I untied the knot in its pitiful mouth.

“Because it wants to bite me.”

I heard Cass’ voice.

“I just let you lean your sleeping head on me.”

His voice made me feel somewhat awkward.

“Perhaps it thought you were going to harm me. Because my Kyuu is sensitive.”

“Its name is Kyuu?”

“Ah, yes.”

I replied, scratching my head.

Somehow, there seemed to be a spark between Cass and Kyuu, who was in my hand.

“Tomorrow, I will introduce it to my Blue Wing.”