Chapter 164 - Side Story 18

“Saintess! A guest has arrived.”

It’s been a week since I returned to the temple.

While I was busy recalling the events of that day, I came to my senses when I heard Daisy’s voice outside the door. And without realizing it, I moved my index finger away from where my lips were.

Why do I keep thinking of this?’

That moment was dangerous.

The lightning that continued to strike, Diego’s cool eyes illuminated by that light, and his red lips kept lingering in front of me as if they were vividly reflected in my eyes.

‘Get to your senses. I’m a saintess, and Diego is the Demon King. Since when did bad men become my taste?’

Yet those thoughts were scattered by Daisy’s next words.

“It’s Baron Diego.“

“What?”

“He said he’s here on personal business.”

After composing myself, I hurriedly looked in the mirror and straightened my disheveled hair.

“Ahem, tell him to come in.”

Then I spoke to Daisy in the calmest and noblest voice possible.

After a while, the door opened and Diego came in.

[The God of Justice, Hetuse’s lips corners go up automatically.]

I was very nervous at the sight of his tall height, neat wizard attire, silver hair as pretty as snow, and eyes as beautiful as amethyst.

However, on the outside, I didn’t show these feelings and stood up calmly.

“The Eight Gods’ bles… Ahem. What brings you here?”

“Good.”

Diego’s lips moved and he made a low tone.

For a moment my face became hot.

To think that he said good. What is?

“You, who were always so anxious to chase me away, now welcome me, at least with words.”

“What welcome. Who…”

“Aren’t you trying to say ‘blessings’? Well, the blessings of the Gods are a no-no, but now that I think about it, I think it might be okay.”

[The God of Justice, Hetuse, tries to bless Diego, but it doesn’t work.]

As expected, he’s sly.

I said to him with my arms crossed.

“Why don’t you tell me your business first, Demon King?”

“Ah, business.”

The corners of Diego’s mouth rose.

“The Deviamon Guild has taken over a store. And I’m thinking about running the store for the time being. The Demon Realm is so gloomy…”

I didn’t understand what was being said.

Then something suddenly occurred to me.

“Surely, the store you took over isn’t in my building?”

However, Diego didn’t deviate from my guess.

“I’m glad you noticed quickly.”

“Haa…”