chapter 82

“Aren’t you overdoing it?”

“It’s not my favorite place, but I felt like I had to go. Yet there was no one I was looking for.”

The words just broke my heart.

Because I thought I might be the one he was looking for.

“There was no one I’m most wary of.”

At Cass’ words, I looked at him with trembling eyes.

Somehow, it was a strange atmosphere.

“…I didn’t know the Marquis came. I wish I could have met you.”

His last appearance, which seemed dangerous, was caught in my eyes, but I said calmly. I smiled as if nothing had happened.

“That’s too bad.”

At my words, he licked his lips with a stiff expression.

“It would be rude to ask who you were with last night.”

I didn’t do anything wrong, yet my heart raced for nothing.

I hesitated for a moment, then bid him a goodbye with an awkward expression.

“Then I’ll get going.”

A light breeze blew and gently rustled his hair.

Cass hurriedly caught me as I was leaving as if he had something to say, then he asked.

“Are you leaving tomorrow?”

“Yes.”

“I plan to go back after sorting out the situation at the branch here a little more.”

I heard that he was staying a little longer to clear out the remaining monsters, but he also seemed to have quite a few things to organize.

“I see. Please be careful.”

At my words, he took a step closer to me.

“You’re the Saintess, be careful. Don’t put yourself in danger like last time.”

I let out a light laugh when I remembered the time I was alone with Cass while I was wearing the pendant.

“Yes. I’m going to be careful.”

However, Cass shook his head and replied.

“I’m not talking about that.”

I stared at Cass with puzzled eyes.

‘That’. Are you saying this isn’t the case with the warp system I’m obviously thinking of?

He was staring at me coldly with his mouth closed. I had a strange feeling because the cool eyes seemed to really penetrate me.

Even though I thought that Cass had no idea what happened with Diego in the mines, I had a strange feeling.

“…I’ll be going now.”